1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeping my place while swapping tuners

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by fburgerod, Oct 14, 2012.

1. fburgerod

fburgerod New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    I have a Premiere XL 1TB. Today, I am watching a recorded football game and I wanted to check the Yankee/Tigers game. So I pressed pause on the recorded game and then swap. After a quick 10 second view, I swapped back to my paused recording, but it was now live. This, of course, is very frustrating as I now know the game score and missed a quarter of play.

Am I doing it wrong? Is the TiVo programming buggy?

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    How were you watching the game originally - using the live buffer or playing from the NPL?

3. fburgerod

fburgerod New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    I was watching it while recording the football game and paused it. It did not hold the pause because when I switched back, it was "live."

I repeated this process later and the recording did indeed hold the pause. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Is there a way to insure it works?

4. sneagle

sneagle Addicted Member TCF Club

Jun 11, 2002
    New York area
    The key is the size of the buffer. It is only 30 min. If you are further back than that, it will revert to live when you switch back tuners.

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Buffer size does not apply to something actually being recorded. The reason I asked the question, is if you are watching through "Live TV", it should retain the pause point. I do it all of the time, switching between two football games I am recording. If you are watching through the NPL, the pause sometimes gets lost (known problem) and is different from the "Live TV" pause point anyway.

Edit: My intial post should have said "Live TV" rather than "live buffer"