1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justified - Truth and Consequences - S04E03

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by rimler, Jan 23, 2013.

1. rimler

rimler New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Great episode, as always, with entertaining writing and dialog. Although it got a little predictable. As soon as the girlfriend revealed the past cons she her husband pulled off, we knew Rayland's money was gonna be gone. Rayland sure makes dumb decisions around women.

And when Boyd's boy got bit so many times, especially on the face, I said "He's dead." When they got back to the bar with him still alive but only "almost dead" I had to amend my opinion to "the snakes have been de-venomed." Didn't take long for (someone, doc, Boyd?) to confirm that in conversation and send Boyd back to church :)

If Duffy has heard about the last time that brother Johnny was trusted to turn on Boyd, he'd just shoot Johnny now. And would anyone really believe that Johnny would blame Boyd for his current health, rather than his papa, who shot him with a shotgun in the gut from 6 inches away? :rolleyes:

2. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    LMAO! Our threads were started simultaneously!!! I'll empty mine since yours has a better thread title. Here is the post from mine:

Wow. I am loving how the main storyline is unfolding this season! Now we get Arlo's connection and why he killed the trustee.

The scene with Boyd and the preacher was great. Hard to believe the kid from Jurassic Park is hanging in there with Boyd Crowder. Very curious to see where this storyline goes from here.

Not really pumped about Johnny going to Wynn Duffy. We've been down this road before. Hopefully there is a reason and it will be interesting.

Curious to see how willing Raylan's girlfriend's exit with his cash turns out to be.

Love that Art is getting more screen time this season. He's been fantastic.

The only thing I'm not particularly fond of is the mess of the Marshall's office. Art is on the ball but Rachel, Tim, and Raylan are all somewhat on the edge. That is a little bit too much for me.

I forget anything?

3. rimler

rimler New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    One of us needs to get up earlier!:)

4. rimler

rimler New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    I halfway thought there wouldn't be any snake in that toolbox. I think Boyd was genuinely shocked at the preacher's fervor that he could handle a poisonous snake. Boyd seemed a little shook up when he left the tent.

If Rayland hadn't been so proud of himself for running the fighter out of town, he'd have realized at 6pm that something was amiss when the fighter disappeared. Kudos to Rayland for showing up though.....he'd have gotten his ass kicked again.

5. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    What did Boyd send those two guys to do? Kill the preacher?

Then why didn't they just splash gasoline on the tent and set it on fire?

6. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I don't think they were there to kill him. I think they were there to threaten him. I don't think Boyd wants a martyr. He's better off with the preacher leaving town quietly or discrediting him (as he did).

7. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I said that while we were watching the episode. Knowing there were snakes in there.... I wouldn't have gone in it, PERIOD!! I'd have throw some gasoline on it and lit it up! :D

All this marshall stiffy conversation is getting weird!

8. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    By the way, can someone help me out. The guy who played the FBI agent that offed himself, I've seen him in something else and I cannot place it.

9. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze On my best behaviour

Nov 1, 2002
    La Cheeserie
    Raylan. Although Art does makes it sound like it has d at the end to my ear.

10. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    Nevermind, found it. He was the partner in the firm at Drop Dead Diva.

11. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Wait, I think I must have missed something...
    Can someone remind me how Arlo is connected to the cocaine bag / faked death?

12. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Hi ALL,

I'm confused about the Drew Thompson storyline. I read the recaps for all 3 episodes on EW.com and they were quite helpful. But the one thing I'm confused about is when did Drew Thompson's name first come up? In the recap for Where's Waldo it describes the marshall gang talking to the Truths and Mama Truth finally admitting that she had not seen Waldo for almost 30 years when he went away with a pilot to do a job. Then the recap says "Once Art figured out the pilot's name was Drew Thompson. . ." Is this the first time Thompson's name was mentioned. Did Art give any reasons why he thought the pilot was Thompson? The recaps don't say anything else on this point.

Thanks,
    Gerry

13. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Arlo had a Panamanian diplomatic bag hidden in the wall of his home. In that bag was (were?) the personal effects of Waldo Truth. Hence, Arlo's connection to Drew Thompson. That explains why he killed the trustee ASAP. He did not want Theo Tonin getting wind of Drew Thompson's faked death and any connection Arlo has to it.

14. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    When Art and company were questioning the Truth family and they were busted on the draw checks he asked what really happened to Waldo. It came out that she last saw him 30 years ago with some pilot. After some back and forth about the name she came close enough to Drew (I think she said something like it rhyming with Jew!) that it sparked Art's memory of "the day cocaine came to Harlan county". That is where Drew Thompson came in. Keep in mind Waldo's contact information was found in a Panamanian diplomatic bag. The same Panamanian diplomatic bags found at the landing site of Drew Thompson's body (actually Waldo Truth).

Further, the Marshal service investigated and changed the autopsy results from that of Drew Thompson to Waldo Truth. This alerted the FBI to the case and the fact that Drew Thompson didn't die 30 years ago. An FBI agent in the pocket of Theo Tonin then relayed that info to Tonin. The FBI agent's first move was to get his hands on Drew Thompson's wife.

15. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Did we know that Raylan had his valuables in the sock drawer? What were they?

How dumb must the girlfriend be to steal from a US Marshall and think she'll get away with it. Doesn't she have cable?

16. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Cash. When he picked up the fugitive off the books earlier in the season he got $10K in cash. He comes back in the bedroom and puts the cash in his underwear drawer and tells his girlfriend about it.

She probably doesn't want to get away with it. No reason for her to have tossed the room when she knew exactly where the money was.

17. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    All the extra cash he had been earning on his "off the books" jobs (like picking up the bail jumper for woman in Florida that started the action in S4E1).

Either they are heading back to Florida (where Raylan has some connections) or they are not, in which case the fighter is in violation of his parole (and Raylan can "legally" chase him)

My thing was that I thought the woman owned (or at least managed) the bar so that running off would be more of a liability

18. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    And we don't know what happened to her, do we? Was she a willing participant? Did the angry ex drag her away?

Seems to me she has a good thing going with Raylan and the bar, and that nothing good ever came from the angry ex. If I were Raylan, I'd be pretty worried for her right about now.

19. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    "Rayland" shoulda hid himself a rattler in that drawer :)

20. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Oh sure, I knew that. I though you were saying we knew how the bag got from the cul-de-sack to Arlo. (Or maybe it's another bag from the same shipment; that wasn't part of the faked death.)

But either way we know there has to be some connection, but don't really know what it is yet. The new info is the confirmation that the stakes are still very high; Theo Tonin's willing to have people killed to track down this missing Drew. (So Arlo's willing to kill to say off their radar; instead of, say, for greed)