1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justified "Shot All to Hell" OAD 2014-02-04 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeAndrews, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Feb 5, 2014 #1 of 40
    MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Holy! Wowwie, wow, wow!

So much action in so little time. You know a show is good when you want it to run another 2 hours.

What was the body count for this episode? 5 {Edit. Forgot one.} 6? (Curley Canuck, Paxton, Deputy Sheriff, Elias, the Haitian, ...and Hot Rod Dunham by Cousin Jimmy (offscreen))

Once again, the writers have to have a seance going with the spirit of Dutch Leonard.

Art is a badass. Raylan: "See? I taught you something."

"That is one hella gun!" "I noticed."

I looked. Alan Tudyk's name is not in the credits?

"Mikey here is your hairdresser." "Step outside. I'll give you a clip."

"Picker," John Kapelos is really Greek.

We got the Boyd "susprize!" for Paxton. I think the blood spatter would show that he wasn't entirely in the bed.

I just knew that when Ava was going to walk tomorrow morning that something would happen. I figured she'd be killed. So who is behind Eva getting set up?

"Art, the agent at the airport wasn't Barkley." I think Art knew. Raylan, you couldda kept that to yourself.

2. Feb 5, 2014 #2 of 40
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I suppose the Littlest Storm Trooper doesn't have a clue that he really did commit suicide when he stabbed himself...

3. Feb 5, 2014 #3 of 40
    ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Hate to see the Haitian go like that! Was looking forward to seeing more of his character.

I'm very curious to find out where they are going with the Kendal Crowe storyline.

Art was awesome every second he was on the screen. :)

4. Feb 5, 2014 #4 of 40
    Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    It'llshow he was sitting on the edge of the bed.

5. Feb 5, 2014 #5 of 40
    Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    I think Kendall will end up killing a Crowe with that 12 step move.

6. Feb 5, 2014 #6 of 40
    MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    "Damn! You blew out my ears."

If Picker knew where Elias was holed up, why didn't he move on him? Elias was looking to take Picker out.

I know. Art interrupted and took Picker away, but Elias knew about the breakfast meet. Was he supposed to meet with the crew there?

I mixed up Elias and the other Canadian thug played by Dave Foley. I was thinking that Elias was the other Canadian. Now it makes more sense why the Will Sasso Canadian didn't know him.

Nice recap and review here:

http://boingboing.net/2014/02/05/a-brilliant-justified-strings.html#more-285453

7. Feb 5, 2014 #7 of 40
    philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    His "suicide note" confession should exonerate Ava :p

8. Feb 5, 2014 #8 of 40
    Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    "When you start using words like that, it's time to go"

"You mean time to go look it up?"

"Raylan, you're a d**k!"

"I'm a d**k, but you're a kiss-ass"

.... Later.

"You can kiss my ass any time!"

--Carlos V.

9. Feb 5, 2014 #9 of 40
    philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Any Art centric episode is pure gold.

Art - I'm going to have a diet 7-Up

Picker - I'll have one too, Princess.

Art - You can suck the can when I'm done.

and his "I'll give you 10 seconds" Raylan imitation was hilarious especially with Jere Burns' reply

The Haitian actor wanted off the show; didn't like the role. Too bad as I enjoyed his character more than this season's new murder of Crowes

10. DavidJL

DavidJL Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Dana Point, CA
    That was a good half a season worth of action in one episode.

I'll always love Wash(Firefly) the best, but gotta love bad-ass Alan Tudyk here and in Dollhouse. Wish we were going to see more.

And with Raylan and Boyd and Tudyk's character and others and still Art manages to surprise me as my favorite bad-ass of the bunch.

11. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    No way Tudyk's character should have missed, firing first and without Art or Raylan knowing.

Also wish they didn't show the Haitian flying 10 feet from the shotgun blast. If he just fell flat on his back, it would have been better.

12. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    Yeah, especially with an AA12. Unless he was firing slugs AND was a bad shot, Art and Raylan should have been at least peppered.

--Carlos V.

13. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I don't know if we can be sure Dunham is dead. It looks bad for him, absolutely, but it's possible Jimmy wants to use him to lure Boyd into a trap or something, rather than kill him immediately.

I knew something would go wrong, too. At first I thought the guard did it himself, but surely he wouldn't be so brazen without backup.

See, I read this differently. At first I thought Art was trying to find the bad apple federal guy and that's why he's heading to Detroit, etc. It seemed to me he must suspect it was Raylan at the airport and that confused me since it seemed like he was out to get Raylan which didn't seem in character.

But after the exchange of looks just before Raylan "confessed", I now think Art was tracking down those rumors to make sure he could control the story and protect Raylan (unless Raylan was really on the take, but I'm sure Art knew he wasn't). I'm betting Art knew it wasn't the FBI guy, that's why he said "unless there's something else" like that. I'm not sure how Art convinced Picker to lie about it, but they had plenty of time to come to an agreement before the lawyers showed up.

I don't think Raylan gave anything away by saying that, and in fact I bet he felt obliged to come clean to Art after what Art did for him.

Of course, Picker is still out there somewhere... but he's on the record blaming someone else so if he changes his story later it's not very believable.

If Marcos hadn't used that gun much, he might have not been used to it and the first shots would have been far wide. The entire thing was nuts, though: he must have known Theo was in one of those containers, so what's he doing shooting the heck out of them with an elephant gun?!?!

14. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    This is all explained away with "it's in the script", but Marcos' gun was a full auto shotgun at relatively close range. Hard to miss.

--Carlos V.

15. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Art has threatened Raylan many times. Givens has caused him as much trouble as he's done him good. Maybe next week will prove me wrong, but I think Art was quite prepared to throw the book at Raylan if Raylan's involvement had come out. Picker lied because Raylan threatened him into it.

16. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    I see what you did there!:up:

17. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    ???

Last scene, Raylan lets Art know that the Feeb was NOT the witness as Picker had said and that he (Rayland) has personal knowledge of who was there.

18. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Theo! Why didn't Theo hit the deck when the bullets started flying. It also bugs me that his airliner seat was pointed the wrong way.

I don't think we heard before that Theo had health problems. When we saw him he was lounging at the pool in Miami.

What clued in Art "...unless he's still here...!!!"?

19. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    "There is only one US Marshall in Kentucky. I'm the Chief Deputy Marshall."

Why haven't we ever met Art's boss, THE US Marshall of Kentucky?

20. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    That was my overwhelming thought when the episode ended.

He was such a great character. Dark, mysterious, scary... I thought he might easily become the mastermind behind the Crowe Reign of Terror in Harlan County.

I'm bummed.

...and of course...

Is Hot Rod dead?