1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justified S2E05 OAD 2/5/2013 "Kin"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cmontyburns, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Feb 6, 2013 #1 of 17
    cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Wow, lots of guest stars in this one. I was happy to see Winona, especially, and disappointed her appearance was so brief.

Was Josiah an old character making a return, or someone new the show treated like an old foe of Raylan's? I'm trying to track how Boyd knew to go right to him to find Drew Thompson. Either way, I don't guess he'll be making another appearance now!

My one nitpick with this episode is Colton not telling Boyd about Ellen May. Yes, Boyd would be ticked about it, but it's clear the worse outcome for Colton is going to come from not telling him. This feels like an action Colton is taking because the plot needs him to, not because it's what the character actually would do.

2. Feb 6, 2013 #2 of 17
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    He knew Drew was living among the hill people, and Josiah was the Big Man up there. So he was the place to start.
    I bought it. Colton strikes me as being kind of a moron; he probably figured Boyd had given him a job to do, and since he wasn't able to do the job his best bet was to stall until he can get it done. Otherwise, he'll be the guy who Boyd can't count on, and Boyd will kill him. Or worse, fire him.

He just hasn't been very smart about it.

3. Feb 6, 2013 #3 of 17
    cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Evidently I completely missed how Boyd knew that Drew was there, and thus to start with Josiah. That's still lost on me.

4. Feb 6, 2013 #4 of 17
    phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Discussion between Rayland and Boyd when they were locked in the box, it was implied, or maybe even stated, that Boyd also payed Major Dad a visit.
    (I forget the characters name, but was played by Gerald McRaney)

phox

5. Feb 7, 2013 #5 of 17
    cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Indeed so, but my question is how did Boyd know to go to Josiah?

Perhaps it's just one of those things we're meant to accept.

6. Feb 7, 2013 #6 of 17
    MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    My thought, too. Colton needs to tell Boyd he lied and Elly May got away, because otherwise when Boyd finds out that Elly May is alive Colton is toast.

"I dunno, Boyd, I guess she wasn't really dead. She woke up in the slurry pit."

The hill folks thing was another hoot. "Guess the easiest thing is to let ya both live, then."

Colton talking war stories and getting offered a job as a marshall.

I was doing back flips that Steven Tobolowsky got some more work, enjoying his voice after listening to his podcast, then he has to go and get his brains blewed out. That's TWO FBI agents dead in Harlan. You'd think by now the director would be down there hisself.

That Duffy must be used to seeing people get whacked right next to him by now. He has the supplier of new blinds on the speed dial? Or Service Master for clean up?

7. Feb 7, 2013 #7 of 17
    Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    Seeing that Boyd and Raylans fathers were both in on hidding and patching up Drew Thompson, I think Boyd would know more about the subject than Raylan. With Boyd and his father being on the same side of the law, where Raylan and his father are on opposite sides. So it took Raylan couple of more people to get to the same place.

8. Feb 7, 2013 #8 of 17
    john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I was wondering where the bullet went. From the blood spatter, clearly it went all the way through the head, but the window did not shatter and I did not see a bullet hole.

9. Feb 7, 2013 #9 of 17
    scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    His appearance prompted my standard response:

NED? NED RYERSON???

:p

10. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Yes, that's exactly how I saw it!

Gerry

11. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    Stuff behind his head moved, and the foley artist put in glass shattering sounds.

A bullet doesn't have to completely shatter a window. It can just put a nice little hole in it, sometimes with cracks all over the window, especially when the window is in a tight frame.

--Carlos V.

12. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Don't know why Detroit gangster guy shot the FBI agent. So what if he is an liar incompetent, no need to trigger an investigation. Good that Raylan had Tim as an alibi while searching for Drew Thompson.

13. Queue

Queue UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

Apr 6, 2009
    I'm guessing I'm confused how Boyd knew to go to Josiah also.

Raylan knew to go to Josiah because the girl told Raylan that Josiah was the one that sent her to dig out the bag from the walls of the house.

Does Boyd know about that? Did Boyd talk to Arlo and Arlo told him to talk to Josiah?

Or how did Boyd find out that Drew was with the hill people to begin with? If we knew that piece of information then we would know what sent him to Josiah.

14. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Ned was telling them he wanted $250K to take care of the Drew Thompson hit, when they already knew that the case was being run by the US Marshalls. It's pure Elmore Leonard to have that whole "we're old school buddies" bit, ending with his " old buddy" ventilating his noggin.

15. Timbeau

Timbeau Active Member

May 31, 2002
    VT
    What a great episode!! At about the 2/3rd mark I was struck by how much I like this show, the other thought being "bummer, there's only 1/3rd of the episode left".

16. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Right. To be more specific, they thought he was going to take the $250k and skip town, so they didn't trust him to keep his mouth shut anymore, if he got caught or didn't get the money. A bullet is cheaper...

17. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    That's exactly what went through my mind on the 2nd episode this season.

MORE!!!