1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justified - "Over the Mountain" - 1/28/14

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, Jan 31, 2014.

1. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Finally Raylan and Boyd share screen time. I like the interaction between the two.

Lots going on. This is an atypical season of sorts with no new big nemesis unless the Crowes from Florida count. Messer a (dead) informant. Dewey trying to kill him was great. Johnny back, working with Hot Rod. Art putting some pieces together in Detroit. Boyd and Carl find the stash of dead bodies. Paxton fooled into thinking Boyd is dead (how long can that last). No Duffy :(

I'm liking this season so far.

2. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Just don't let Art's finding out about "Rayland's" complicity in the murder make the final season be about Raylan going over to his father's dark side.

What I want to see this season. Ava finally gets out. Finds out about Boyd's dalliance with the brunette babe doctor and a protracted slow motion scene where the two women wrestle each other in a rain soaked mud puddle. I guess I'm just a bad, bad person.

3. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I'd be down for that plot direction :)

Yeah I hope the whole Art thing plays out quickly. I guess they are giving him something to do but I like it better when he is behind is desk making smart ass comments to everyone.

4. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I need me some Wynn to make a Justified ep complete...

5. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I don't think Boyd found them, per se. I believe he had them put there after the hit on his delivery. The question is what is he going to do with them?

At least that was my take on it. If I'm wrong I need to be corrected because I like understanding what is going on.

6. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    That was my assumption, too....

7. Dawghows

Dawghows Active Member

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Heads on spikes outside the bar.

Oh wait...maybe I'm confusing this with Game Of Thrones.

8. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Yeah, it ties into Ava's getting arrested for "improper handling of a corpse", and the fact that Boyd beat the local funeral parlor owner within an inch of his life, so he would be less likely help Boyd get rid of the bodies.

9. zalusky

zalusky Active Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    So what do we think the story is behind the female guard who put the stop on the Ava rape.

Is she looking for a piece of Boyd's business?
    Is she hot for Ava?
    Is she being paid to watch over Ava by Boyd (Or somebody else)?

10. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Heh, I'm not saying your pessimism is wrong in this show, but I am amused that you did not even consider the possibility that she was just doing the right thing. :D

11. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    I thought she said that Ava was protected while she was beating on mini-guard, so I'm assuming Boyd has paid some people off.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    She did. So somebody has arranged for her protection, and Boyd is the obvious candidate. But "obvious" isn't always "right" in television drama...

When Mini-Guard was manhandling Ava, I wonder if the fact that he didn't look like he could even hope to pull it off was deliberate, and Ava was just holding back because she couldn't figure out what her best move was? Because she could pretty clearly mop up the floor with him, and during that scene she struck me as more perplexed than angry...

13. Dawghows

Dawghows Active Member

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    No doubt she could take him, but there's no (believable) way that doesn't jam her up. I'm sure she was trying to figure out what her best move was, but mopping the floor with him is definitely not it.

14. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Well, the "right thing" would be to stop mini-guard, make sure Ava was OK, then report the incident to the warden, not ambush mini-guard in the smoking area, whip him with a baton and threaten to put a cigarette into his eye.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Right...the alternate wasn't her beating the crap out of him or him being a genuine threat, the alternate was that the scene was badly staged and shot. Which this doesn't seem to be that kind of show, but you never know.

16. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Maybe. Depends on whether "the warden" is the type to let it slide. The fact that this does not seem to be the first time that mini-guard has done something like this points to "the warden" either being incompetent or not caring.

17. Doh

Doh Active Member

May 18, 2001
    That's a come down from mini Big Bad to mini guard.

18. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I saw the "Danny Strong" in the opening credits and thought "I haven't seen that name in a long time.

I wanted to smack Kendall Crowe upside his smart-alex head. Then his willingness to go along with Raylan made me wonder if he secretly hates his older brother.

Why the heck would Raylan show up at the ho house alone amidst criminals like the Crowes to remove Kendall? That can't possibly be the official procedure.

19. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Since when did Raylan EVER follow "official procedure"?

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Don't you remember? That one time? I think it was in Season 2...