1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justified -- "Kill The Messenger" -- S05E06 -- OAD 2.11.14

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bierboy, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    "It was consexual..."

Boyd's bad ass quotient just rose ten-fold...

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    His "To-Kill" list just keeps growing...

3. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I really enjoyed this episode. Reminded me how good some of the characters are!

Plus I like the unspoken aspect of the punch Raylan got from his boss.

4. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Another solid episode. I don't have much to add. :)

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Please make the Ava storyline go away.

6. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Yes. This show is great, but they had no idea what to do with Ava this season.

7. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Yes, I agree.

But I'm unclear why the sister of the Nazi guy beat up on Ava. Did the sister say something about slaves and if so what does that have to do with anything Boyd did. If I heard it wrong then why did the sister beat on Ava?

Gerry

8. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    At the beginning of the series, Boyd was a white supremacist (or at least pretending to be one). The brother was one of his associates from that period. Since then, Boyd has dealt with people of other races, and the brother now considers him a race traitor. Being a bit dumber than Boyd usually is, he hired the guy to provide protection for Ava. But he took the money and sicced his sister on Ava anyway.

The brother & sister are rabid racists, who vehemently hate non-whites and anybody who will have anything to do with them. For some reason, Boyd didn't pick up on that.

9. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Could have used a little more time and HDTV detail on the Ava shower scene, but hey, otherwise another fine episode.

Loved the conversation between Raylan and Rachel where she broaches the topic of what the hell is happening between the office bad boy and Art. We see different sides of Raylan's character as he first wise asses and lashes out at Rachel, calling her the "office suckup" and then quickly retracts his cruel slam and apologizes for his typical rash behavior. Great scene, well written and well acted.

Has there ever been a series where everyone in the office Art, Rachel and Tim so consistently and correctly dump on the main hero character as in Justified? Even his new GF is in on the put downs too. Gotta luv it!

The smoking' redhead Crow babe Wendy is developing a long smoldering Jones for "easy on the eyes" Raylan, even though as she says he is a "can't say it here can I". Typical woman, can't stand us, can't get enough of us. :)

10. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies

Seriously? I don't find her attractive one bit...

11. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    You prefer Daryl, huh? ;)

12. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Nah. Boyd put on an act like he was still in the HH fold, but said, "I've taught you that I have to go where the money is." How good was his game face? We saw him weeping before he got out of teh car.

I figgered that Ava would off all of her blonde locks to head off any more of being a target.

Shorty jail guard is in hiding. How did he testify how he was brutally attacked?

Boyd has people in the jail, including the butch woman guard. That lifer cellie who set up Ava should get it too.

13. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    But she was in the (Harlan) jail, not the (state) prison. When Ava "shanked the guard," she was transferred from the jail to the prison, and lost that protection.

14. rcandsc

rcandsc Mark it 8 Dude.. TCF Club

Feb 5, 2014
    Liberty, MO.
    Agreed. Couldn't care less at this point. Love everything else about this show.

15. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I love the Crowes, especially Dewey. Trying to sell his pool lol. "THIS IS MY DREAM!".

Seems to be less Raylan this season and more Boyd. The Crowder/Crowe alliance should be a fun one to watch down the stretch.

16. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I think Mike is saying that Boyd's guard could "convince" Ava's cellmate in the jail to recant her testimony that Ava shanked the guard.

17. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    So far this is one of the best seasons (what the heck, they're all good!) I'm not convinced that the Crowder / Crowe alliance will hold up over the long term, but it sure is fun!

18. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I too hate the current Ava storyline. Who would believe that she shanked a guard the night before she was to be released?

19. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Not only that, but Boyd tends to get his revenge. Shorty knows that.

I know it was only for purposes of script, but Ava would have had to have a hearing to be transferred to the prison, right?

20. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Boyd's got some smart guys working for him. Can't wait 'til Rappaport's bro gets his.

Speaking of Rappaport...his southern accent is the absolute worse!