1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justified - 1/7/14

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Jan 8, 2014 #1 of 63
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Well damn, somehow my recording got messed up. I had set it to record at 9:00 and sat down about 9:30 to watch but it only recorded the first 15 minutes, which included the opening with Olyphant and Goggins talking about Leonard, which was cool. And then the next 10 minutes or so and that's it. I recorded the repeat showing later last night but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

I love the Dewey character. The scene with him in the pool was great.

2. Jan 8, 2014 #2 of 63
    tripmac

tripmac NASA Supporter

Oct 4, 2004
    Statesboro, GA
    I watched it last night and I thought it set up a huge amount of possibilities for the rest of the season.

3. Jan 8, 2014 #3 of 63
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    This....Boyd is BAD ASS (but, then, we already knew that)

4. Jan 8, 2014 #4 of 63
    Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I was startled to see Dave "Kids in the Hall" Foley as one of the Canadian mobsters. Of course, Foley is Canadian.

Oddly, he's not credited with it on IMDB so far.

It's great to have Justified back and in typically solid form!

5. Jan 8, 2014 #5 of 63
    ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    After Patton Oswalt last year I was really hoping we'd get to see more of Dave Foley. Looks like that storyline is wrapped though.

Very curious to see how Michael Rapaport works in the Justified universe. I've always liked him as a character actor. Hope he brings Alicia Witt with him.

How can you not love Dewey Crowe? Three hundred dollars?! Marco! Polo!

I wonder if we'll be seeing Paxton's wife again (and if she'll be seeing that $100K).

Always glad to see Wynn Duffy. Such a great character and Jere Burns is brilliant.

Quite the vacuum left in Detroit when Nicky Augustine was taken out last season. Sh@! went downhill real fast!

6. Jan 8, 2014 #6 of 63
    tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Lots of interesting guest stars on that ep. I found Alicia Witt (Wendy), fairly easily, but I don't recall seeing Dave Foley or Jason Gray-Stanford (Lt Disher from "Monk"). Also note that Jere Burns is credited "up front", so I guess that Wynn Duffy and Boyd (2 of Raylan's favorite people!) will be working together this season. I thought it was strange that Burns was credited 3rd (After Oliphant and Nick Searcy), but on further review that group of actors are listed alphabetically.

7. Jan 8, 2014 #7 of 63
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Disher was the one who took the knife to the gut near the end...I had to really concentrate to figure out where I'd seen him before.

8. Jan 8, 2014 #8 of 63
    ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Dave Foley was the Canadian drug supplier in the donut shop. The smaller one with the hat. Took me a minute to recognize him and I had even already seen his name in the credits.

9. Jan 8, 2014 #9 of 63
    CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    Ceiling fan.

10. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    I noticed Jason Gray-Stanford right off, went to IMDB to see if that was really him but couldn't find confirmation. Too lazy to back up to the credits to look. I'm aways happy to see Alicia Witt and really hoping she'll be around for more of the season. Now that her character's brother is off parole they're free to move up to visit the Kentucky clan.

Raylon shooting the above-ground pool was fun, but a bit of a glitch when he shot twice only to show 3 geysers of water shoot out the side.

When Boyd walked up to the funeral home I was sure I'd seen that building before:
    http://www.lataco.com/taco/six-feet-under-house-fisher-diaz-funeral-home-west-adams

11. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
  12. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    Yeah, when I saw Sasso and Foley in the credits at the beginning, I knew they were going to be paired together. I thought it slightly odd as they're usually more "obvious" comedy actors and not "subtle" ones like what goes on in Justified.

--Carlos V.

13. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    There was a lot of mayhem in this episode.

As defined by Sons of Anarchy.

14. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Why and when did Raylan's wife go to miami?

15. DavidJL

DavidJL Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Dana Point, CA
    Last 10 minutes of last season to stay with her mother. I assume for help with the baby and/or to put some distance between the birth and the unpleasantness of last season.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I assume she was just Following other options. ;)

17. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I watched this last night but was too tired to reply so here I am. So glad this show is back. That opening music makes me giddy because it is so definitive for this show. So much happened for this being the season opener! Raylan continues to have the best swagger on TV. Boyd continues to have my adoration in spite of his murderous deeds, maybe more so. He's just a great character. Can't wait to see how he ends up getting her out of jail and I hope they don't drag it out too long.

You can't. He's comedy gold. And him standing there naked with only his hand to cover his junk was so awkward but perfect for the scene.

I'm going to go with yes. Why bother giving us that tidbit about her being a doctor if it's not going to come up later? ;)

Yes, he was bumped to a regular this season right? I loved with Sasso referred to him as eyebrows and he actually looked offended. He and Boyd are going to struggle if they are partners. They both want to be top dog.

Jason was Dilly, the stuttering brother that got stabbed. (Also still reeling from that being AJ Buckley aka one of the Ghostfacers from SPN). I was also kind of bummed they killed off the Cuban character, I like that actor. He was on Prison Break.

18. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    What you did there... I see it.

19. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Which he displayed using only his eyebrows. :D

20. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Haha! YES

Also a couple of other thoughts. Raylan ditching is baby? Really Raylan?
    And I read it somewhere just now that people think Boyd doesn't love Ava enough to give up his own freedom. I disagree entirely. If he thought that was the only two options, he'd give himself up. However, all that guy did was manage to insult and piss Boyd off and I'm quite sure it wasn't a deal he would have kept. Boyd is confident he'll find a way as am I.