1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just lost channel favorites list

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jg167, Jun 3, 2012.

1. jg167

jg167 New Member

Apr 1, 2004
    This is a series2, std def Philips unit. (I know I know, I'm about to upgrade) Was working fine earlier today, just turned it on and my favorites channels list is gone (which is really annoying). I did a reset and got the "can not acquire sat info" error. All the channels including local ones appear to be present, so not sure what that error is about or how it correlates to losing the favorites. Its running 6.4a01-2-101 but I don't know when that update occurred.

Any ideas?

2. imaref

imaref New Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Same here. Had to redo all of my favorite channels this morning. Not sure why or if they pushed some kind of an update to the units.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Perhaps they've done something to fix the v6.4a updating issue, and that's cleared the Favorite Channels list?

4. Barmstro

Barmstro New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    The same thing just happened on my RCA DVR40. I'm glad to hear it's not just me; I feared maybe it was a sign the old dear was dying...
    It would be nice to know what caused this tho. Clearly DirecTV doesn't bother testing how their changes affect these older units...

5. litzdog911

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    It was caused when DirecTV made some changes in the broadcast signals to accommodate new "secondary audio services" for those stations. Tivo software prior to v6.4a was not able to handled this properly. And since that software was rolled out a few years ago, DirecTV probably assumed that vast majority of Series 2 Tivos had v6.4a software (probably a safe assumption). But clearly this change stung some folks that stuck with older software for whatever reason.

6. Barmstro

Barmstro New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Thanks for the info, but just for the record, my TiVo has had 6.4a ever since it came out back in 2008 (and the original poster said his is 6.4a as well), so it's clearly not limited to older versions of the software.

7. litzdog911

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    I don't think that matters. Whatever change they made to help non-v6.4a Tivos may have affected Tivos that already had v6.4a.

8. JackS

JackS New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Likewise for my HDVR2 running 6.4a in the Los Angeles area. Yesterday
    nothing in the channel guide because the favorite channels were lost.
    After recreating the favorite channels list, the guide has data once again.

And the local channel 4 KNBC is back again, after a two month absense.
    Whatever DTV pushed down from satellite seems to fix all local channels
    here.
    -Jack