1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just for fun :)

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Surrealone, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Surrealone

Surrealone TiVoOnThEmInD

Dec 8, 2006
    Well I have my 3TB drive ready to go in but wanted to see how fast a test setup with a SSD would be. It seems fast but will not know untill I finish and switch to the new 3TB :up:

2. Surrealone

Surrealone TiVoOnThEmInD

Dec 8, 2006
    not bad maybe 10mins from start to finish.. Now to see how long it takes for 3TB drive to setup

3. Surrealone

Surrealone TiVoOnThEmInD

Dec 8, 2006
    that took a bit longer but it might just be the format time for the 3TB drive takes longer. But I got to say it sure is nice and easy to do little test like this :)

4. Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    There have been many posts claiming the Tivo is mostly CPU limited. I would think this is still the case even with the increased speed of the Roamios. An SSD may shave a few secs off of some I/O operations.

Did you time boot up speed? The largest time savings, if any, would likely happen there.

5. Surrealone

Surrealone TiVoOnThEmInD

Dec 8, 2006
    I did the boot up time was about ten Min with the SSD with the new 3 TB drive it was about 30min.

6. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Dunellen, NJ
    Surrealone, I think Devx was asking more for the boot up time for a reboot / power reset, not the initial setup.

7. Surrealone

Surrealone TiVoOnThEmInD

Dec 8, 2006
    I will try that this weekend :)

8. Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    That's some weekend. ;)