1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jumps to another show when ending reached

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by roadkill_97006, Jan 1, 2013.

1. roadkill_97006

roadkill_97006 New Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Aloha, OR
    Select a show from the My Shows list, watch it to very near the end (all but the ads, etc), give it a <- to get the save or delete - and it jumps to the next higher show in the My Shows list. If you're not careful, you'll delete the next higher show from My Shows. It doesn't happen every time, but mostly it seems to. If its already the top show in the list, no problem, and it never jumps to a lower show. :confused: 20.2.2.1 on an XL4.

2. EntropyFox

EntropyFox New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    I've noticed this too. It doesn't happen all the time but every now and then I'll finish watching a show and when I'm done and go back (<-) to the show screen it isn't always the show I just finished watching. I might watch an episode of Top Gear but when the I'm done the show screen might be for an episode of Sports Center that's more recent. As you point out, if you don't pay attention you might end up stopping/deleting a program different from the one you just watched.

3. roadkill_97006

Aug 15, 2005
    Aloha, OR
    I just was watching the US Open and was down to the end of the first segment. I hit left arrow and got the stop recording message and without thinking clicked to stop the recording. What I didn't realize was that the TIVO had jumped to the second segment being recorded on another channel. I was 40 minutes into that second segment when it stopped the recording. Luckily, I realized what had happened pretty quickly and didn't miss much, but this is a common problem for me. If I'm not paying close attention at the end of a show, it will jump, usually up the list. Pretty annoying.

4. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    This has never happened to me

5. roadkill_97006

Aug 15, 2005
    Aloha, OR
    So feel lucky. I know I'm not alone.