1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jRiver Media Center

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Scott Atkinson, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Scott Atkinson

Scott Atkinson New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Watertown NY
    Anybody using it regularly with Tivo?

I've owned V10 for a couple of years, and just dl'ed V11 for testing, see that it has some Tivo compatibility.

Scott A.

2. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    I've been using jRiver's media center for more than a couple years.

This is my exclusive tool to manage my music, photos and podcasts. So the music/playlists, etc. I see on my laptop are the same I see on my TiVo and my iPod.

A very nice utility for me.

If you need a bit of assistance getting MC to work with your TiVo, let me know.

3. Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003
    I use it, along with Galleon.

Here is some info on that, as well as some pics of how AudioFaucet works:

http://www.austinbike.com/tivo/

If only J River had the AudioFaucet interface....

Or AudioFaucet had the J River sorting by letter....

4. Scott Atkinson

Scott Atkinson New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Watertown NY
    m -

Thanks. I missed this post when you first put it up.

Let me solicit an opinion from you:

V11 has produced the first coasters I've ever burned. I posted on the jRiver boards, and the admins there suspect it's a conflict with Nero.

Thoughts?

Austin -

Why is AudioFaucet so good? I saw people speaking highly of it, dl'ed it but it wanted a Java installation, and I haven't figured out why it's not seeing mine.

Thanks,

s.

5. Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003
    I like the actual screens.

Would you rather look at this:

[​IMG]

our this:

[​IMG]

I like the Galleon interface and screens, but it doesn't tie in with my backend system for smartlists (i.e. Beatles 1966 and later or album title = "hotel costes*").

Plus Galleon has some other weird quirks. If you have "the Replacements" and "The Replacements", in Galleon they will show up as 2 different listings. Media Center does a better job of managing the meta data.

6. vbphil

vbphil New Member

Apr 12, 2003
    Corrales, NM
    I could use some help with MC 19 and my TiVo Premiers. I have Desktop Plus 2.8.3 running okay but I see nothing from MC showing up on TiVo. I don't actually know what it will look like or where to find it in TiVo. There seems to be very little documentation on troubleshooting a deployment. -phil

7. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    Go to the My TiVo Recordings folder and create a shortcut that points to the folder containing your MC recordings.

8. vbphil

vbphil New Member

Apr 12, 2003
    Corrales, NM
    MC is supposed to operate separately from TiVo Desktop, sort of like it's own Desktop program, so pointing to the MC library in My TiVo Recordings won't achieve the correct response that I'm looking for.

What I did find out is by setting the MC TiVo Server options to port 80 the MC music and photos will show up in TiVo Music, Photos and Showcases, as depicted in the attached image. Selecting the Music Center Music entry runs the TiVo music player and will play music contained in the MC Library.

This is the behavior I was looking for but I still have issues with differences between the TiVo SD and HD Menus. I'm unable to see MC when HD Menus are selected in TiVo so there's more happening than meets the eye.

There's also issues with how MC and Desktop 2.8.3 behave together. Depending on how Desktop is configured with Beacon or Bonjour you get different results. And, my one TiVo that's behind a Cisco Wireless Entertainment Bridge, WET610 isn't working with Desktop in Beacon mode but is with Bonjour but no MC at all even in SD Menus.

So there's more troubleshooting to perform.

thanks, -phil

Attached Files: