1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeffrey Ross -The Burn on Comedy Central

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by fmowry, Aug 29, 2012.

1. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Even if you aren't a Ross fan, the show is pretty good as he gets his comedian friends to come in and comment on various current events or people in the news. It does have a segment that seems like it was stolen directly from Tosh.O but generally the show is a good 1/2 comedy show. During the first 2 shows he went to Sarah Silvermann's house and John Stamos' house for about 5 minutes and he ragged on them and they ragged on him. Pretty funny.

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I've been watching. He usually makes me laugh, and I love having other comedians there too.

That said, man, that guy is gross! I am being totally superficial and talking about his appearance. Perhaps it's just part of the shtick, and I get that. But dude - take a shower. /rant

3. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    It's okay. Good for a few laughs, but I'd be surprised if it got picked up for many more episodes.

And this is from someone who thinks Ross is consistently amongst the top performers in the roasts.

4. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Haven't seen it.. so it's a ripoff of "Tough Crowd", which was a ripoff of "Politically Incorrect"????

5. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    With many of the same comedians (as Tough Crowd). Jim Norton was on last night. And of course many of the Tough Crowd alums were roasters with Ross on the various Comedy Central roasts. I'd be surprised if Colin Quinn doesn't make an appearance. Gilbert was on the 2nd show.

6. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    After 1 1/2 episodes I thought the show was a complete train wreck.

7. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    It's not like they have writers who can't write. Depends on the comedian and the topic.

Nothing else that is a half hour that is worth watching. I'll take this over The Office which hasn't been funny for the last 3 seasons for my half hour of comedy.