1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Java 7 Update 51 & TiVOtoGo Mismatch

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by USN1Guy, Jan 30, 2014.

1. USN1Guy

USN1Guy New Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Hello all,
    I updated to Java 7 Update 51 a few days ago and now I'm getting error messages I haven't seen before when I boot my PC running W7 Pro on a PC I assembled. I've attached screen shots of the error messages I'm now seeing.

The program (TiVOtoGo) appears to work as well as ever when I ignore the messages. My concern is that the Java issue may be interfering with TiVOtoGo.

Any thoughts here?

Thanks, USN1Guy

Attached Files:

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    AFAIK, the only part of TiVo Desktop that's in Java is the HD Photos Viewer, the HME front-end to the HMO image service. If it were to stop working, it would have no effect on videos or music, or even on the old, built-in SD photo viewer.

3. erlitzki

erlitzki New Member

May 5, 2002
    Open Java from the Control Panel; go to the Security tab; click the <Edit Site List...> button; click <Add>; in the Location field, enter the URL that appeared in the Java Security Warning; press <Ok>; press <Continue>; press <Ok> to exit the Java Control Panel.

4. mflinner

mflinner New Member

Nov 11, 2006
    I added the tivo site to the site exception list in the java program, but i still am getting this warning every time i boot up. is there any way to fix this? is there another setting in the Java? i have it set to the medium security.
    can you confirm what the actual site URL is?

Thanks,
    Margaret

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Stop rebooting your computer? :D

Only half kidding. Why are you having to boot up your computer so often, do you shut it down every night or something?

6. mflinner

mflinner New Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Would like a serious answer please.

7. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    If you add http://www.tivo.com, you'll eliminate security prompts 2 and 3 from the original post but not 1. 1 is caused by an expired certificate that I think the Java app was built with or references to verify the publisher which this latest version of Java appears to be checking and alerting on now.

[From: Sun Dec 14 19:00:00 EST 2008,
    To: Wed Dec 15 18:59:59 EST 2010]

There may be a way to disable this certificate check in the Java settings but that prompt doesn't bother me since I only reboot once a month for security patching.

Scott