1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with new apps

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by compnurd, May 10, 2012.

1. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Nvm

2. brentil

brentil New Member

Sep 9, 2011
    The Netflix app gives me the "Error" screen as well when I try to load it. Youtube works fine though.

I'm not sure if it helps but I had recently disassociated all devices on the Netflix website trying to fix an issue with another one and had not relinked my TiVo with Netflix yet.

3. brentil

brentil New Member

Sep 9, 2011
    I just found this in the other thread and it fixed my issue with Netflix.

4. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    This seems to be what works best for people who get an error for Netflix or see the old YouTube app within 4 hours of installing the update.

1. "Connect to the TiVo Service now".

2. After that completes, go to Settings > Channels > My Video Providers and uncheck and then check both "Netflix" and "YouTube".

Otherwise, the issue will resolve itself within 4 hours.

5. sghrush

sghrush New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    California
    Tried all above but did not work. I guess in 4 hours?

6. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    Yes, sorry, then the only option left is to wait the four hours. Sorry!!

7. rdodolak

rdodolak New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Wonder why the it takes 4 hours for the issue to resolve itself in the HDUI but not the SDUI?

I'm experiencing the same issue with the HDUI but the new Netflix app loads fine in the SDUI. Tried all of the above steps without success so now I'll have to wait out the delay.

8. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    My first box that I updated mid-day yesterday remotely from my Hava HD, I was able to uncheck and check the video provider boxes and it was fine. But my other four boxes that I updated last night, that did not work. After it didn't work I unchecked Netflix and Youtube again and then rebooted the boxes. When they all came back up I rechecked Netflix and Youtube and I was able to load both the applications without issue.