1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with TiVo HD and Netflix

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Ekims, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Ekims

Ekims Don't care anymore

Oct 18, 2002
    Yeah, bout...
    Is anyone else having any issues with Netflix on TiVoHD systems? I get the "Please Wait" gray screen for about 5 minutes and then it goes back to my main screen. It does it regardless of where I select Netflix, either from Now Playing or Video on Demand, both options go gray background back to main screen.

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Occasionally. One problem I have often is I will be watching a stream and suddenly get kicked out to live TV for no apparent reason.

Another thing that happens, although not as often, is the stream never starts after selecting it. I get the please wait icon, then the acquiring stream/quality meter icon, the screen goes black, and nothing.
    Most of the time I can back out and restart the stream, but sometimes I have to hit the TiVo button to regain control.

3. bradquinn

bradquinn New Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Mine does this too. I just assumed it was because the Netflix software for Tivo sucks, and it is too slow or something. I also have a Netflix app on my Samsung Smart TV, and it works perfectly, so I know it isn't my network speed or anything like that.

4. mitziyah

mitziyah New Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Oh man, for the last month or two, suddenly Netflix through Tivo is really problematic. Often resulting in a grey screen of death, requiring us to power cycle the Tivo HD to be able to do anything else. Any help/guidance?

5. glvogt

glvogt New Member

Aug 25, 2013
    I spent a long while last evening chatting with a Netflix tech, who was trying to solve my long-running problem of getting Netflix to stream properly on my Series 3 Tivo. She reported that she herself has had similar issues that were caused by "throttling" of internet speeds by the ISP provider (Comcast). I'll definitely check this out; however, I can report that I receive streaming Netflix perfectly via Roku and/or the laptop computer. I may not be Sherlock, but that suggests a Tivo issue, no?

6. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    Pretty commonly held opinion: TiVo (at least Series 3 models, 648 & 652) are probably the worst possible client devices for Netflix.