1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Your TiVo Mini Remote Scratched Up?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by davezatz, Mar 15, 2013.

1. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Northern...
    [​IMG]

Unpacked my TiVo Mini earlier today and was surprised to see the Mini remote "scratched" up. I don't know how many TiVo remotes I've had over the years, but I currently have 4 or 5 and none are marked like this. I assume it's a manufacturing defect of some sort as each button opening has one or more lines associated with it. I can't actually feel the scratch/mark so wonder if it's under a gloss finish or something? Not a deal breaker and nothing I would even notice in day to day usage, but it seems like each successive remote since the original Glo is cheaper than the last.

2. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    I would exchange it. I bought two Minis and the remotes on both look brand new to me. You are probably right that it was a manufacturing defect or someone was not paying attention on the factory floor.

I've had brand new BDs that I've bought that have circular scratches along the disc that are clearly machine made. Pretty much any product can have something like that happen.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Someone in manufacturing has to count and mark each hole to make sure they are all there. :D

4. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    My Premiere remote looked like that when I purchased it last year.
    It still changes the channels as designed.

5. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Northern...
    Definitely not going to mess with exchanging it, and yes I assume it changes channels as designed. Fortunately, I've got other, better TiVo remotes around the house and I'll include one if I ever resell this unit.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I guess I should look at my remotes. But I never even touched the remotes that came with my Elites.