1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Tivo Forcing Recordings?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by shimmy, Jul 23, 2014.

1. shimmy

shimmy New Member

Jul 23, 2014
    I've had a Tivo for 2 years, and I have it set to only record shows that I want it to record. Lately it keeps recording Bill O'reilly. I have No season pass for Bill O'reilly and I have No wishlist for Bill O'reilly. When I look in my "To Do" list, it is never scheduled to record. However every day it show up recorded . I'm the only one using this Tivo. So, I can't understand why it keeps recording.

2. dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Do you have Suggestions on or off?

3. shimmy

shimmy New Member

Jul 23, 2014
  4. dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    What does the recording history say when you look at it? it should give some clue as to the source even if it is an ARWL.
    Do you have pets that are conservative?

Was this Tivo ever owned by someone else? I have a friend that owns one of my old Tivos and never put it on her own account, I occasionally tell it to record things for her then tell her after the fact :)

5. shimmy

shimmy New Member

Jul 23, 2014
    I looked at the more info on it and it is definitely not a regular recording. It has no channel. Also, it is only 3 minutes 14 seconds long. This is definitely Tivo forcing a recording on me.

6. shimmy

shimmy New Member

Jul 23, 2014
    also to answer your other question I bought it new and am the only owner

7. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Check Manage Recordings > Download Manager. Make sure you're not subscribed to the podcast.

8. shimmy

shimmy New Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Thank you, you solved it. I never downloaded podcasts before. How are podcast subscription made?

9. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    It's a government conspiracy!

Obama wants you to watch Bill O'Riley!!! :)