1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any value in good upgraded DSR704 ??

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by eboydog, Feb 21, 2014.

1. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    I have a good DSR704 that I last used when I stopped using Dtv in 2008, upgraded with a 500gb drive, Ptvnet w/t a netgear 10/100 USB adapter and other "little mods" that allow a little more flexibility like MRV. I haven't had it up since I dropped Directv and went to cable in 2008 and I fired it up tonight and short of having no antenna to connect it to, it's running perfectly.

Is it worth much,? Will Directv allow such an old unit to be subscribed and didn't they change most channels to a different satellite that requires the newer leased receivers?

It has a nice Seagate 7200 rpm drive that hasn't seen much use so I'm trying to decide if it's worth more as it is, or scrap it and keep the drive for something else. Only thing I can use it for is to use it as a viewing TV box and stream content to it from a pc since the MRV only works with similer Dtv modded boxes (which I also have a DSR708 that is setup the same but with a 300gb drive).
  2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    You can search on eBay, but I don't think it's worth much unless somebody wants it for parts.
  3. CrashHD

CrashHD I am the me.

Nov 10, 2006
    MO, USA
    They bring very little on ebay anymore. Even if it was an HR10 it wouldn't bring much.

MRV has been completely busted since then anyway. A few years back, they changed something about the guide data, and if you were still at 6.2a (last MRV capable version), you would lose many/most of your local stations.