1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IS there an issue with the Stream and H.264 ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by HF444, Jan 14, 2014.

1. HF444

HF444 New Member

Dec 17, 2006
    Silicon Valley, CA
    IS there still an issue with the Stream and H.264 ?
    An issue with H.264 was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Has this been resolved, or fixed ?

Is it hardware or software , and is TIVO going to fix it ( either way ) ?

Anyone like to provide any further clarifications or descriptions of this issue,
    and if it is not resolved,
    and where it's current (and possible future) status might be headed.

2. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yes, the Stream (software or hardware; the cause of the limitation is unknown) is currently unable to output native H.264 channels from a Tivo.

If you attempt to stream one of the channels, it simply error out.

Tivo hasn't given any public direction on the issue, probably because the number of users with H.264 channels is still pretty small.
  3. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    the hardware specs state that it is supported....
  4. gamo62

gamo62 New Member

Oct 12, 2002
    TiVo released a newer version of the IOS app. Thinking that H.264 support was finally added due to more cable companies going to that format, to my displeasure, I found out that only the icon and splash screen has changed. Way to make progress TiVo!
  5. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Why would you think that? Did it say so in what is included in the update? Most apps are adding tweaks over new features with updates.
  6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    H.264 support is most likely going to require an update to the software on the Stream itself.
  7. gamo62

gamo62 New Member

Oct 12, 2002
    I thought that, because they haven't come out and admitted that it DOESN'T work with H.264. Plain and simple.