1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to get HDMI and Component out at the same time?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by josborne, Jan 26, 2014.

1. josborne

josborne New Member

Jun 18, 2003
    I did see a previous post about this, but it was from 2011. I have my tivo elite connected to my receiver then my tv using HDMI. I just bought a slinbox and was hoping to use the component out on the tivo to supply the picture. I'm pretty sure I'm SOL, but wanted to ask around before I give up. Is there a way to get the Tivo to output both at the same time?

2. XIBM

XIBM New Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Yes, plug it in.

3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Exactly. I've got HDMI going to my Denon Home Theater Receiver (which feeds my plasma) and components going to my Slingbox....works just fine. What problems are you having?

4. josborne

josborne New Member

Jun 18, 2003
    I feel like an idiot. My TIVO is pushing out HDMI and Component at the same time without issue. The damn component cable I bought was really short and stiff(that's what she said) and it had pulled itself out of the back of the TIVO during installation. I was concerned about it working as designed as I had read from older posts that when HDMI was active all other output ports were off.

5. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Them Red,Green,Blue buggers weigh a ton and really need to be supported near both ends by something more than friction fit of the plugs in the jacks.

6. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    I've had component cables that could unplug themselves, as they were so rigid that you couldn't get all the plugs in at the same time. Oy vey. Better made ones are more flexible, and will work on friction alone.