1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a typical time for an update to be downloaded?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by UCLABB, Jul 28, 2014.

1. UCLABB

UCLABB Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Without getting into why, I have all four tuners on my premiere recording from 3:00am to 8:00am seven days a week. Will this cause a problem getting the update?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    It should not matter when you get the update, it matters when the box installs the update. It will do what it can to not interrupt a recording for the install.

3. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    No, as long as there is a couple of hours of unscheduled time for the reboot to happen. If you are concerned about when the update occurs a reboot can always be forced when the status is pending restart. (either through the menus or just cycle the power).

Getting the update happens during the scheduled connection the update is download along with the program data and does not interrupt recordings. You can check the status in Settings -> Network -> Connect.

4. UCLABB

UCLABB Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks, I didn't know that it comes in conjunction with the program data. I usually get that from 9am to 11am.