1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there a 1 button way to delete saved TV programs?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by anthonygarbaccio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. anthonygarbaccio

anthonygarbaccio New Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I am wondering if there is some way to make it easier to delete shows?

It gets cumbersome having to click on the show, and then scrolling down to delete, and then confirming I want to delete.

Takes like 15 seconds each. is there any way to speed up this process?

Thanks

2. Larry in TN

Larry in TN New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Nashville, TN
  3. JoeTaxpayer

JoeTaxpayer Member

Dec 23, 2008
    If somehow, there are a number of episodes you can hit [clear] on the folder and with confirmation, delete whole folder.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Clear on individual episode does not require confirmation, and automatically moves to the next episode after you press the button, so you can do them in rapid succession. Clear on a folder does require confirmation but is still a bit faster for a large number of items all in one folder.

Dan

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Since the OP mentioned having to confirm, I am assuming he is referring to permanently deleting items from the recently deleted folder. No folder delete option there.

6. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Assuming I was correct in my conjecture - while in the the "Recently Deleted" folder, hold the remote on fingers of right hand, place right thumb on "Select" button and left thumb on "Clear" button. Hit "Clear" followed by "Select" (to confirm). Repeat as necessary.

7. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    If you're speaking of the Series 2 and above "delete that puts shows into the recently deleted folder at the bottom of the Now Playing list", then the little clear button on the bottom left hand side of the remote will do that if you're in Now Playing and the show you want to delete is the one highlighted.

If you're talking about permanently deleting from the "Recently Deleted" folder, put the highlight on the show you want gone, hold the remote in your right hand, push the clear button with your right thumb, and then hit Select with your left thumb when the "yes, I really mean it" confirmation screen comes up.

At that point, the highlighting will drop down to the next one on the list, and if you've got a bunch of them to do away with, the 2 handed method is fairly quick once you get the rhythm down.

If you've got an S1, they never bothered to retro-code the Recently Deleted folder, so deleted is as sudden and permanent as the guilllotine.

You could try highlighting a show you want to delete in NP and hitting the clear button and seeing what happens.

8. vurbano

vurbano New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    "confirm" needs to be an option to have in the settings. IMO. Its useless IMO and a waste of time. Those shows will go to recently deleted anyway.

9. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Which is why there is no confirm when deleting from the NPL.