1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the old Premiere snappier than the XL4

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by terryshelton, May 25, 2013.

1. terryshelton

terryshelton New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Just got a new (refurbished, actually) Premiere and I have to say, and this is only subjective, that the Premiere seems a lot more snappy and responsive than my XL4.

They are both on the same very fast network, so that's not a factor.

Anyone else have both of these boxes and a similar experience?

2. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yes, the 2-Tuner Premieres are slightly faster, more responsive than the Premiere 4, Elite/XL4. Not so much that I mind though, although some are really bothered.

At least one owner uses a Mini as the front-end for his Elite.

3. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    I cant tell the difference between my 4 and my regular

4. spotlaan

spotlaan New Member

May 25, 2013
    london
    This unit is significantly smaller than prior models but has a much faster processor . The TiVo was in the original box with all the cables and manuals and only .

5. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    I think this person is either trolling or talking about the mini

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The TiVo Premiere is significantly smaller than the Series 3 TiVos. The S4 TiVos are small enough and light enough where I will throw my OTA only Premiere in a bag to take it with me to my GFs house to bring content I recorded from my Premiere Elites from cable. I did not do that with my S3 TiVos since they were much bigger and heavier.

I have a power cord, TiVo wireless G adapter, HDMi cable, and remote at my GFs house. So I just need to take the Premiere with me without any of the accessories.