1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Moca automatic on Fios Actiontec M1424WR?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by joy_division, Dec 16, 2013.

1. joy_division

joy_division Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Just got my Tivo Raomio Plus and the Tivo Mini. Trying to run setup just for the Roamio now. I am plugged into coax. Setup says there is a problem with Moca. do I need to do anything on my router to enable it?
    I am using the router as the Moca point, not the Tivo, correct?

[edit]

ok, it is working now, and I didn't do anything different. I just tried it again and now it works.

Is there anything I will need to know when I setup the mini?

I knew to not try to use the wireless setting for the Roamio because I heard others couldn't turn it off.

2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    If the Roamio's moca is working, hopefully the Mini's moca will work too. The Verizon techs are usually good about making sure the coax is in good shape for moca, since most of their boxes use it.

Only point to note is that both boxes need to be fully activated for the Mini to accept the Roamio as a host. Typically takes up to 24 hours, but some have had to wait as long as 3 days for the Mini to fully activate for whatever reason.

If you run into a slow activation issue with the Mini, sometimes renaming the Roamio and then forcing it to connect to the service kind of wakes things up. After which point, reboot the Mini and try the Guided Setup again.

And sometimes it work right out of the box too. So who knows. ;)

3. El Maestro

El Maestro Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Mine worked right after plugging in. Minis had some V70 errors until I forced a few connections on the Roamio, then the Minis.

4. joy_division

joy_division Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Thanks guys.

I think I'll wait another day to tackle the mini. I shutodwn the Tivo HD and popped the M-Card into the Roamio and all the channels I am supposed to get work. However, I am getting the pixelation on the premium channels as I have a 514517-006-00 (MCPOD2) card, so when I return my one box to verizon, I'll see if I can also swap out that card for one of the 514517-017-00 (MCPOD3) cards.

I don't look forward to having to pair a new card with the Roamio.

5. El Maestro

El Maestro Member

Nov 19, 2013
    That's a card I know works. I suggest you use Verizon's live chat for the pairing. Mine went seamlessly; took 5-10 min and it was easy to get them all the numbers in the data ID and whatnot.

6. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Make sure the Roamio is fully up to date on its software. That issue with the pixelation should be resolved. Version 20.3.8 is the latest.

If it's still happening, it might not be paired correctly. In which case, you'll need to contact Verizon (online chat or phone) and make sure they "manually validate" the card. The key is to ask them to manually validate it. Their normal procedure doesn't usually work.