1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is HGTV guide data farked everywhere or just Cablevision?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by anthonymoody, Dec 24, 2013.

1. anthonymoody

anthonymoody New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    I have several season passes set up on HGTV to record New episodes only. However, it continually records repeats which is extremely annoying because they sometimes air 20 or more repeats in a day, each of which I then need to individually delete.

I gather that the issue is that the guide data is faulty. I want to start grousing to someone (besides you guys) but am not sure whether it's an issue with HGTV in general or Cablevision specifically.

Can anyone please confirm whether they experience this on other cable providers? If so, I'll grouse to HGTV. If not, the Dolans are getting a call :)

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    If the guide data is missing or incomplete, a SP with new only record, will record those as if they were new.

3. anthonymoody

anthonymoody New Member

Apr 29, 2008

Right. I'm just trying to ascertain whether the guide data for HGTV is messed up nationally, or somehow only on Cablevision.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You can see the guide on zap2it.com since Tivo guide data is similar.

5. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    National networks like HGTV use the same guide data for all cable companies (often there is also a west coast feed as well) and is provided by Tribune.

6. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    HGTV guide data is very unreliable for first-run shows. The guide data often changes at the last minute (as in that day).

Many HGTV shows originally air, first in Canada which Tribune Media seems to have an issue with. TVGuide often does not have the same issues, my Cox DVR almost never had an issue with HGTV and first-run.

7. anthonymoody

anthonymoody New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Thanks all. I'll leave CV alone for the moment and focus on HGTV and Tribune.