1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is CNN the Anderson Cooper channel now?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by doom1701, Dec 16, 2005.

1. doom1701

doom1701 Time for a new Title

May 15, 2001
    I don't want any Television news, beyond watching the local early morning show when I work out. But everywhere I turn online these days, I'm seeing ads for Anderson Cooper 360. It's like there's nothing else on CNN anymore or something.

Is it just a media blitz for a regular program, or has Anderson Cooper now taken over CNN?
  2. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Vegas Boy TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    He's quickly became thier top guy, that's for sure. Really, I think it's well deserved. I like him a lot. But he isn't as witty now as he used to be. I guess it's all that really serious news he has to report on and cover.
  3. pmyers

pmyers New Member

Jan 4, 2001
    now he'll never be back on The Mole :(
  4. MickeS

MickeS New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    pmyers, that's been my reaction to his newfound (well deserved though) fame too... :(

When I first saw him on CNN a few years ago, not too long after "The Mole" ended, I was actually rooting for him to fail as a newsreporter, so he could do more "The Mole"... :D

I guess that show is not coming back because of poor ratings, which sucks, because it ruled. Best reality game show ever, well, maybe with the exception of "Survivor".
  5. whoknows55

whoknows55 Active Member TCF Club

Jun 17, 2001
    Almost totally unrelated. ;)
    Anderson Cooper on New Years Eve:

I started a new tradition for CNN, although I'm not sure it's going to

In addition to the ball drop in Times Square, we had cameras
    covering the Drag Queen Drop in Key West, where, at the stroke of
    midnight more or less, a drag queen named Sushi, sitting inside a
    giant ladies' shoe, is lowered from the roof of a gay bar.

We'd interviewed Sushi live a couple of times throughout the
    night, and by midnight ... well, let's just say that Sushi was no
    longer too fresh.

When she started to descend, something malfunctioned, and the shoe
    stalled. The last we saw of Sushi, she was crawling on all fours along
    the roof of the bar.

I told the director to cut away. Seeing a drag queen actually drop
    off a roof is not how I wanted to kick off the new year.
  6. SullyND

SullyND L:17-10 TCF Club

Dec 30, 2004
    I liked him better when he was on Channel One, but that was in 1992
  7. northmoor

northmoor New Member

Feb 9, 2005
    I thought CNN was turning into the Wolf Blitzer channel. I have had enough of that guy .... getting rid of them both would be ok with me, but esp Blitzer (and I'd hope he'd take his idiotic sidekick Cafferty (sp?) with him).
  8. jimborst

jimborst Active Member

Aug 30, 2001
    How about Lou Dobbs and his show "I hate illegals", now I'm not going into politics but every night the same thing.
  9. jimmymac

jimmymac New Member

Nov 6, 2002
    I always figured Coop was more of a bottom.
  10. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Dear god, I hope it is. (faints)

Seriously, though, I also think his rise at CNN is well deserved. He's done a great job with several recent events, and is kind of "The New Peter Jennings", in my book, for his work overseas.
  11. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I LOVE this story. :D
  12. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Active Member

Feb 20, 2004
    CNN has become the Anderson Cooper let's report on only 3 stories in excess a day channel. It is like watching Dateline 24/7. So much stuff goes on in the world every day, and it sucks that we only hear about a couple stupid stories that were chosen to fetch ratings because they are gossipy or involve a celebrity. I used to like it when I could get Newsworld International on DirecTV and could see news from all over the world. However Newsworld was changed to the "Current" channel, and all you see on there are narsasistic people making documentaries about themselves base jumping off radio towers. Thanks Al-Gore for giving us the channel you promised about the hard hitting issues that affect us today.
  13. Inundated

Inundated Face For Radio

Sep 9, 2003
    I liked him when he was co-anchor of "World News Now". (I know we have at least one other Nowbie bouncing around the forum...)
  14. myriadian

myriadian mega Pnut m&m

Sep 20, 2002
    i used to tivo anderson cooper 360 when it was in the 7pm timeslot, somehow it just felt like a good show even when i was watching it timeshifted. but since they moved it to 10pm or 1am or whatever it's actual timeslot is and lengthened it to 2hrs and made it WAY more serious and repetitive and boring, it's just no good anymore.

so now i don't watch anything on cnn. his show was the only one that had a good mix of actual news but with a sensible attitude that said 'this is all really bull$hit, come on people."

i think i'll just start watching bbc news or something, i wish we could get canadian news here but i'm sure it's not to be had in virginia.

15. whoknows55

whoknows55 Active Member TCF Club

Jun 17, 2001

That's wrong and funny.
  16. berfy

berfy New Member

Apr 24, 2005

I'm wondering when and if Anderson is going to come out. With his newfound fame it seems less likely. Tis a shame.
  17. woyton

woyton New Yorker no more

Mar 2, 2001
    Add me to that list. He was great on WNN.
  18. RayChuang88

RayChuang88 Active Member

Sep 5, 2002
    There are rumors persisting about Anderson Cooper, though no one can officially "prove" it. I'd prefer Mr. Cooper keep his preferences not known, because a lot of advertisers are very sensitive to this issue.
  19. audiocrawford

audiocrawford New Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Anderson Cooper makes my heart go pitter-patter.

I wish they'd rename CNN the ACN, and followed him 24 hours a day. :D

Now if we can just get him to interview Matt Lanter of "Commander In Chief", and I can throw out my TiVo - that will be the only video I'd ever have to watch for the rest of my life. :)

20. yosfunema

yosfunema New Member

Aug 13, 2005
    I've never seen his show, but he's everywhere now (including HERE).