1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is a Tivo HD with 1 year of subscription worth anything?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jmpage2, May 29, 2012.

1. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    So, I have a Tivo HD that was replaced by my new Tivo XL4. It has a multi-line subscription that is good on it until around Sept/October of this year.

Does it have any value? I am feeling that it's not even worth the effort to list it on eBay.

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Put it up for sale in the eBay section here. Someone here might be interested in it for the right price. Plus you will avoid the high eBay fees if you sell it here too.

Although considering many people purchased Premieres for $50 before the subscription cost, I wouldn't think the TiVoHD is worth very much without lifetime service.

3. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    That's the question, if it's worth the hassle.

I will go look in that section and see what other ones are selling for, thanks.

4. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    It may be worth more if you wait, cancel, and hopefully get the $99 lifetime offer.

5. shwru980r

shwru980r Active Member

Jun 22, 2008
    You might be able to get lifetime service for $99 if you call tivo and threaten to cancel the subscription, since you purchased an XL4. Then it would be worth selling.

6. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    The last time I threatened to cancel on it, I was refused the $99 lifetime offer.

7. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Was that before you got the XL4?

8. Tobashadow

Tobashadow Read over there --->

Nov 11, 2006
    If the price is right I'll buy it, I've been wanting a tivo hd, I could care less about the year I'll just monthly it.

9. farmermac

farmermac Recorder of shows

Jan 31, 2012
    I'll give you $50 for it

10. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    You *couldn't* care less..

11. shwru980r

shwru980r Active Member

Jun 22, 2008
    The circumstances were changed when you purchased the XL4. There is no limit as to how many times you can call.

12. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    How is until September or October 1 year?

I realize hurricane season can feel like a year, but as of tomorrow September is only 3 months away.

And how does a multi-line subscription differ from any other kind of subscription?

13. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Just wanted to update my own thread.... I did ultimately get offered the $99 deal for the TiVo HD, but unfortunately TiVo would not make it active until the existing subscription on the box ran out.

That just happened, and the box has been updated to lifetime. If anyone is interested, send me a PM, I will be listing this on eBay soon but was going to give the first bite of the apple to anyone here who was still wanting a TiVo HD w/Lifetime with original box/accessories for a reasonable price.