1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Breaking News - The sale is back... "Our “once in a lifetime” PLS promotion was such a hit, that we’ve decided to launch it again! The PLS Transfer Sale will be available again for the last 3 days of the month. This will include the BOLT+ 3TB, and 4 refurb units (BOLT 500GB, BOLT 1T, Roamio Pro and the TiVo Mini)." https://www.tivo.com/secondchancelifetimesale#/secondchancelifetimesale

IR sensor on tivo is having issues!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by penguin1029, May 23, 2012.

1. penguin1029

penguin1029 New Member

Dec 18, 2011
    I have a Series 2 dual tuner i click the remote once and it thinks i clicked 3 or more times.
    For example I click down in the menu it will go to the bottom and make a noise until i click up then it does the same except to the top.
    I tried two remotes (The tivo remote and a comcast remote.)
    Thanks!

2. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Have you tried a restart?

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I know this might sound counter-intuitive, but how long has it been since you changed the batteries in the remote?

4. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    That's the classic symptom of IR interference. You probably have another remote control somewhere with a button pressed. Look under sofa cushions, magazines, etc.