1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IR Repeater Available

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by cr33p, Sep 12, 2013.

1. cr33p

cr33p New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor MI
    Check out what Tivo now sells for the Mini and other DVR's not sure how new or old it is, pretty useful. The roamio of course uses RF now, but for those of us still rockin older remotes to use with Receivers etc, this can come in handy.

https://www.tivo.com/shop/detail/ir-adapter

2. Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003
    I bought one of those for a tivo that was in a cabinet. Unfortunately I split the tivo signal between 2 rooms and use a bluetooth slide remote for the second room.

This device works great, but will not work with a slider as well. Only one USB device per tivo.

3. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    People have reported success with much cheaper generic USB IR adapters (like the ones you can get on eBay for $5 to control a PC) so $15 + shipping seems on the high side to m

4. cr33p

cr33p New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor MI
    Agreed! Just sharing.

5. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    I have an extra one of these if anyone has a good home for it.

I purchased the Mini bracket and this was included, but was not necessary for my setup.

6. Keen

Keen Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Tivo's store doesn't describe this thing very well. Is it an IR->USB adapter for a Tivo? So you place the Tivo in a cabinet, hook this thing up, and then put the puck at the end of the cable by your TV where it'll receive the IR signals and control the Tivo?

7. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Ya, pretty much.

8. 505

505 New Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Both USB ports on one of my tivos are occupied (wireless antenna & Cable tuner box)... I would like to incorporate an RF remote as line of sight is a problem... any suggestions on how to overcome the lack of ports?

9. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    This thread is about InfraRed repeater for the Mini. Is that what you are looking at, because your post says RF (radio frequency).

If you are looking for an IR extender than you will need to use one of the USB ports on the box. If possible you can simply move one of the other devices from the USB port on the Mini to a separate USB power brick, you can get them for about $5.