1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone app -- Todo list

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tiassa, Jan 15, 2013.

1. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Is the ToDo list a "Premiere only" function? When I try to connect to either of my Tivo HD's all I get is the "Waiting" screen.

2. substance12

substance12 Member

Feb 6, 2008
    i have the same issue. using tivoHD

3. diphosphine

diphosphine New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    It's not for the Premiere only. It's always worked with my TiVoHD on my iPhone and iPad, but now it stopped working on both. I thought it might be because of the new TiVo app update I just downloaded on my iPad, but I haven't downloaded the update on my iPhone and it's not working on there either. I've tried restarting the TiVo and restarting my iPhone, but it didn't help.

4. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    I wonder if there was an update to the Tivo software that broke the ToDo list. It never worked for me, but I got an iPod touch for Christmas so I only started using it recently.

5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    While working on my new XL4, it never worked for my original S3 and I don't recall it working with our TiVo HD either. I thought that was one of the Premiere-only features of the app...

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    It was working a few days ago for my S3 but now it is not. This is a function that contacts middlemind.tivo.com to get the information, so maybe there is something currently broken with that server.
    Also note that same thing is used in "away" mode (outside your home network) for series 4 TiVos. I haven't tested if that's broken too but likely that is the case.

EDIT: Just tried my Premiere in "away" mode and that is working fine. So looks like series 3 or earlier TiVos only have this problem.

7. diphosphine

diphosphine New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    It's now working again on both my ipad and iPhone.

As a separate question, does anyone know how to see the date of items in the To Do list on the app? I see the time and other information, but not the day or date of the recording.

8. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    My iPod Touch is now seeing the ToDo list on both of my Tivo HDs

If you "open" the recording message (tap on the name of the program), it will show the date and time the recording is scheduled. Not optimal, because you can only see the date/time of one item at a time, but it is there.

9. diphosphine

diphosphine New Member

Sep 1, 2008

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see any date, even when selected in the list. At the top is the title of the show, then the episode name, the channel and duration. Then there is a descriptive paragraph that starts with information like: (11:30pm - 12:00am, Sea 3 Ep 14, TV-MA, Sitcom, 2007). But no date as far as I can see on either my iPhone 4s or iPad 3.

10. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    You're right, my bad. I saw the time, and thought it included the date.

11. diphosphine

diphosphine New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Thanks for confirming it. It seems like a very strange oversight on their part. The day and date are included on the To Do list of the TivoHD itself. On the app, one is left to look at a potentially long list of shows with no indication of which day it will record on.

12. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    TDL does, indeed, work on the iPhone app in the "away" mode for the TiVo HD. I was wrong in my previous post. "My Shows" (aka: Now Playing List), does NOT work for the TiVo HD; it does work for the Premiere...