1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone app guide problem "To Be Announced"

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by docprego, Jan 24, 2014.

1. docprego

docprego New Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Whenever I access the guide in the TiVo app on my iPhone 5 I encounter a problem. The majority of the channels list the program name as "To Be Announced". Sometimes if I advance forward in time to the next hour they will load. More often they do not. Without program names the guide is absolutely useless.

One of the things that sold me on the Roamio was the excellent reviews of the mobile apps. Can anyone help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    The mobile app is not affected by an individual box (e. g. Roamio or Premiere). It's simply getting it's information via software.

3. docprego

docprego New Member

Jan 6, 2014
    I understand that. My question is why does the guide fail to load data so often?

I've found that if I jump ahead a few hours all channels load properly. Then if I go back to where I was experiencing the problem it loads properly as well. It seems like it fails to refresh until I jump forward a few hours and then go back. It's a usable workaround but not the way it should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. docprego

docprego New Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Tried the iPad app tonight and it has exactly the same behavior.

5. docprego

docprego New Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Follow up: Both the iPhone and iPad apps are working perfectly today. Something must have been wrong yesterday.