1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPad/iPhone app not working completely

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by jeff92k7, May 17, 2012.

1. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth
    I've noticed lately that the iPad/iPhone app isn't working like it used to. For basic stuff, it's fine, but for searching for programs, it's gotten very flakey. It seems to only search for 7 days. Searching on the TiVo itself will return results for the full length of the guide data. Also, the iPad/iPhone app seems to only show about 10 days of guide data whereas the TiVo still shows 14 days.

Just now, I tried to schedule one of my TiVo's to record the History channel Hatfield and McCoy series. It doesn't show up at all in the search results in the iPad app. I browsed the guide data inside the app and the series does show up now, though the guide doesn't show results beyond the following day (10 days from now). However, when trying to schedule a season pass, the iPad app pulls the channel as 'null' and won't schedule the season pass.

I get similar results on my iPhone app. These problems seemed to start a few weeks ago (version 20, maybe?). Previously, the iPad/iPhone app would properly show all 14 days of guide data and search results.

This is very frustrating since I use the app for searching far more often than I use it for viewing recorded content. I never use it for showing details of the show currently playing and think that default page in the app is a waste of space (though that's another thread). It's just so much easier to pull out the app to search for a particular upcoming show than it is to type out text on the onscreen search box on my TiVo.

Anyone else having this issue?

2. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth
    Is there really no one else that has noticed this search issue in the iOS app?

3. Joe3

Joe3 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    I wouldn't know, my iphone releases the TiVo if I put it down for a few minutes and I have to reboot the iphone app. I give up after a while and launch the "Peanut Tivo app".