1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting E-Bay TiVo offer

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by lessd, Feb 21, 2014.

1. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
  2. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    This guy is trying to rape peoples' wallets even more than the cable companies do.

3. SOCATivo

SOCATivo New Member

Jan 2, 2002
    RSM, CA
    Wow. What a scam. And (s)he's had one taker too.

4. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    For that kind of money I would be more than happy to offer telephone support.

5. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    The seller is a TCF member.

6. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    :rolleyes:

7. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    I have emailed the guy running that ad on eBay. He implies he is a big wig at a store "like" "Best Buy" and gets promotional codes from TiVo. He sells you the code, you call TiVo and get the deal. Looking at his eBay feedback it's %100.
    So is he full of it? IDK. He did tell me he will take offers on his codes so you might not have to pay the sticker price.
    If you toftt and use him tell him Z sent you so I get credit with him for if I use him in the future myself.
    Let the buyer beware!

In theory that would work. I got 2 codes from the survey panel offer. I used one and passed the other to a guy that pm'd me to death asking for a code. I threw him a bone, did not charge him for it, guess I could have but that's not me.
    He sent me a message telling me the code I gave him got him a Roamio and a Mini.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

8. Loach

Loach New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    I won an auction for one of his codes. All in I paid less than the recent advisory panel offer. If you think the price is too high but you're interested you should make him an offer. No idea why you guys are having such a hissy fit about an eBay listing. Don't like it don't buy it. Simple as that.

9. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Details?

10. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    From my email;

Like I said, if y'all use the guy please tell him Z sent you

Detail enough?

BTW, I did tell the guy I would turn people on here to his eBay code offers, he never said not to share the info he gave me.....
    I also did NOT start this thread!!!

11. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    The above does beg the question, should a "big box" retail guy who is getting promotional codes from TiVo be selling them on eBay to line his own pockets? If its cool with TiVo, YES! If its not cool with TiVo, NO! Unless your the guy who gets a code below his asking prices and scores the TiVo equipment you want way cheaper then what you could normally buy if for, in that case HELL YEAH its cool, WAY COOL!!!
    I personally have not used this guy, I have simply passed along the info he gave to me to answer questions I asked him/her. Just tell him Z sent you and now that its out here if TiVo has a problem with the person selling these codes they can look in to it.

Enjoy!

12. Loach

Loach New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    It's should be quite easy to look at his completed auctions on eBay and see what the going rate for the codes has been. There's also a thread in the eBay auctions section of this forum where this is further discussed.

13. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The whole thing makes no sense. Sure the prices sound good, but once you tack on the $250 the cost exceeds what you would normally pay.
    Roamios aren't sold for the retail price any more.

14. Loach

Loach New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    Except that likely nobody is paying close to the asking price for the codes. It is a "make offer" listing. When I was paying attention the auctions were going off in the $80-100 range. Code cost of say $90 plus Roamio Pro at $699.99 with lifetime is $789.99. That's $10 cheaper than the advisory panel cost was. Where else I can get that deal right now?

15. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Northern...
  16. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Ive got a base Roamio sealed in box for sale 575 OBO includes shipping. No taxes. I bought a code from dude and looking to pass on some savings and offset cost of some of the code price. Its listed on this forum under ebay listings. Though I dont have it on ebay bc of hefty fees per asking price