1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intelli-park or not Intelli-park?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by lillevig, Jun 12, 2012.

1. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    I'm looking at maybe buying a WD Green drive, model WD5000AACS. The best I can tell from the WD data sheet is that it does not have Intelli-park so I shouldn't have to run WDIDLE. Can anyone verify that?

2. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    No harm in running wdidle, and it is my understanding that the Intelli-park is not a problem with the any of the Series 4 TiVos. When I upgrade any TiVo with a WD drive I run WDIDLE because it takes almost no time and i don't want to find out at some point that new TiVo software will not work with Intelli-park on.

3. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    This would probably go into an S3HD or an S2. I'd really like to avoid having to crack open my desktop PC just to run WDIDLE. It's my understanding that it doesn't recognize drives connected to the USB port.

4. sbourgeo

sbourgeo Hepcat Daddio

Nov 10, 2000
    New England
    According to WDIDLE3 it was disabled by default on the WD20EURS I put in my TiVo HD last weekend.

5. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    You are correct about the USB port, need a direct connection to run.

6. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    No harm in not disabling the intellipark feature.
    Just make sure you have an easy way to disconnect power to the Tivo if/when it gets stuck in a soft reboot loop.