1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install file for tivo for tablets for hp touchpad

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by dsnotgood, Jun 30, 2012.

1. dsnotgood

dsnotgood New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I couldn't download the new TiVo for tablets file because it said it was incompatible. I found this online and it was ripped from play store. I installed it on my touchpad running android and it runs great. No closes and both premieres detected. Works REALLY well on cm9.

https://www.box.com/s/3ffc7ad13d555c0e82ed

2. ct1

ct1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jun 27, 2003
    Maryland
    CAUTION.

Can we have a little more provenance information about this random file you are suggesting we might want to install?

3. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    HP Touchpad owners that have chosen not to install Android on it (such as myself) should have the ability to run TiVo's Android tablet app sometime this fall, courtesy of the ACL product from Open Mobile (http://openmobileww.com/).

OpenMobile wants to sell their product directly to the OS manufacturer, but I think with webOS they are going to offer ACL as a standalone purchase for end users.

4. dsnotgood

dsnotgood New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Then don't install it. I got this from the market and just uploaded it here. Works fine for me but it doesn't matter if you use it or not, just thought it would help some people.

5. dsnotgood

dsnotgood New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    You really should install Android on it. My tablet is now 1000% more useable and the web browser alone is A LOT faster and better. Plus tons of apps. And no issues with performance and errors...just the mic and camera doesn't work.

6. ComputerLover

ComputerLover New Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Auburn,WAshi...
    YOUR HP TOUCHPAD TABLET'S WEBOS 3.0.5 OPERATING SYSTEM.. NOT ANDROID.OS?

7. DarrellTaylor

DarrellTaylor New Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Hello dsnotgood I need to get Tivo for my tablet. Can you tell the source from where you got it?

8. diamond.g

diamond.g New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    You can install another OS on it. He is running CM9 (I have CM10 running on mine). From there just side load apk's that don't show up on the App Store (because there is supposed to be device filtering happening).