1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Initial Set up

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Cinbad98, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Cinbad98

Cinbad98 New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Greenville, SC
    We have been stuck on "getting info" for almost 3 hours. We are connected wireless to cable with TIVO Premiere. Should we hang in there or reboot?

2. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Ouch, 3 hours seems a little excessive I would let it go for a few more hours considering that it is not only downloading the guide data it also downloads the Service updates. What speed is your Wireless and Cable connection?

3. Cinbad98

Cinbad98 New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Greenville, SC
    I really don't know. My husband did the set up and he is out now. I guess we'll just let it run overnight.

4. csm10495

csm10495 Badoop Badoop!

Nov 15, 2008
    Yeah, if its still going in the morning, I'd consider pulling the plug and trying again. It might be just far enough from the wireless router to get a signal but not transfer data fast. What step of the getting info screen was it hanging on (which one is not "done"?) Were the percents changing?

5. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Any update? Hopefully after 20 hrs you have had success. If setup has not gone past the "getting info" stage yet try rebooting the DVR then run setup again using a wired Ethernet connection.

I have not had the opportunity to try this yet I read a post somewhere in this forum that if you press and hold the "format" button that is located on the front of the DVR for 30 seconds the DVR will do a "Soft" reboot which is probably safer then pulling the plug.