1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Independence Day Parade in Washington, DC

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by keirgrey, Jun 26, 2012.

1. keirgrey

keirgrey Old Man Vicious

Nov 20, 2001
    New Jersey
    Does anyone know if this is being televised nationally? My daughter is marching in it, her school is representing NJ. If not, are there any kind folks in the DC area who could record it for me and send it to me? I'll pay for shipping and media.

2. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
  3. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I took a look and I can't even find it being televised locally. :(

None of the local channels are listing it, not even the PBS station (WETA) which does cover the downtown evening concert and fireworks. (They're seem to be running reruns of the last couple of years' fireworks during the parade time)

4. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    There is a website for the parade; you can try asking somebody there. However, a parade does not sound like something that normally draws TV coverage, unless it's either a national thing (e.g. Macy's Thanksgiving Day; Tournament of Roses) or a special event (e.g. Super Bowl parade).

Note that the PBS coverage of the concert (and about five minutes' worth of the fireworks, IIRC) is a national broadcast ("A Capitol Fourth").

5. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    I wonder if it might make News Channel 8? They covered the Cherry Blossom Festival Parade. I don't see it in the guide right now, but it's early yet.

6. keirgrey

keirgrey Old Man Vicious

Nov 20, 2001
    New Jersey
    Thank you, guys. I'm also going to check with the Band Parent organization that she's going with.

7. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Forgot to post back here after the 4th.
    I hope someone with the Band Parent organization was able to record it for you.

Just in case I'd set up a recording for the parade time on PBS and on the local channel 8 wmcbrine mentioned. Unfortuantely neither covered the parade.
    (Well in their 7 hours block of midday coverage channel 8 ran a 30-second clip about people getting ready to see the parade and another about how EMTs were set up for the parade and the evening's firewords in case of health problems from the heat. But no video of the parade itself).