1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

incorrect times on ToDo list starting Sunday on HD Menu

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by hybucket, Mar 8, 2013.

1. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    Starting with this coming Sunday, all the times on programs on my To Do list are listed as an hour earlier than the correct time. I assume this has something to do with the change to Daylight TIme this weekend. The times are CORRECT on the SD , and also on the program info on the HD screen. I called TiVO, and they said they are aware of the problem, but did not say if they;re doing anything about it! I asked if, because the times were correct on the SD menu, if the programs would be recorded at the CORRECT time. They did not have an answer for that. Huh???

2. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    The same thing happened this past Fall as the end of the 2012 DST, but the opposite effect, of course.

This is a display bug in the HDUI. The Tivo software works off of GMT, and is unaffected. Don't worry, everything will be fine when you wake up Sunday morning.

3. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    Thanks - as usual, I should have come here instead of calling TiVO. The CSR had me reset all the guide info, and it's taking forever and probably won't change a thing (except probably all my settings, tho I asked it not to).

4. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    The TiVo uses Universal Standard Time for setting up recordings the displayed time is offset to your local time and the offset changes Sunday March 10th at 2AM.

Any Support Rep that has been there for 5 Months should know this as it happens twice a year.

5. stevewjackson

stevewjackson Steve W. Jackson

Nov 2, 2007
    Montgomery,...
    Except, as reported above, the display is correct using the SDUI and incorrect using the HDUI. This is my first time change with a Premiere, and I never experienced this with my TiVo HD. So there's clearly a bug in the HDUI.

6. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Mine showed incorrect recording times, too, but all was copacetic this morning after the time change...and, yes, I never saw this with other TiVos I've owned (S2, S3, HD).

7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    And I don't believe there's been a software update since Fall, so we shouldn't have expected anything different.

Presumably this will be dealt with in the next update. For now, it's just a semiannual cosmetic nuisance.

8. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Like my haircuts...