1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inaccurate Schedule

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Emacee, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Emacee

Emacee Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Philadelphia...
    It's customary to blame schedule inaccuracies on Tribune Media. However, last week was the season premiere of Justified on FX. It was scheduled to run at 10pm and 11pm. Due to a schedule conflict at 10pm, I recorded the 11pm showing. I realized I got the last five minutes of the 10pm showing first and missed five minutes of the 11pm when showing when the recording cut off.

Tivo's program guide showed Justified running one hour - starting and ending on the hour. But I checked Comcast's program guide and they had the correct times and showed the program running 65 minutes. Comcast boxes would record the start and end of the show correctly. Comcast boxes' on screen listings carry a TV Guide logo. Maybe their listings are more accurate than Tribune Media's.

If somebody from Tivo reads this, I hope they will talk to Tribune about it. We pay Tivo for program listings and Tivo pays Tribune (Tivo must be one of their biggest clients). I think we have a right to expect accurate - to the minute - listings, without having programs cut off at the beginning or end.

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Mine recorded just fine at 10pm, Duration 1:06.

3. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    The TiVo DVR recorded 1hr 6min here, WOW Detroit.
    You should be able to re-record it S4 E1 "Hole in the Wall" re-airs again tonight.

4. efilippi

efilippi Active Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    Worked perfectly with Comcast in Chicago, as well. Must be a Phili thing.

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I also recorded the second airing last week, but had no issues, it recorded 1:06 just like it was scheduled.

6. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    It was cut off on Insight Cable here in Louisville.

7. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    Comcast in Seattle recorded 60 minutes. Cut off just as they were saying stay tuned for scenes from the upcoming season so I didn't miss any of the actual episode.

8. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Comcast Houston recorded one hour on the first (premiere) showing. Cut off 6 minutes. Luckily we watched "close to live", so we finished watching from the buffer.

Odd that some places got hit and others didn't.

9. Phil Broughton

Phil Broughton New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    San Diego
    now sure how much; the inmate/trustee was walking down the corridor in the cell area. "the end...."

10. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    You missed a key and critical final scene. Another minute or two of show, and a couple minutes of "coming this season" scenes.

11. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    I recorded the rerun, padded it with an extra minute, and it still cut off the last scene.

We ended up downloading the episode just to see what happened.