1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of an image for a premier Model TCD746320

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by gturpin, Oct 22, 2012.

1. gturpin

gturpin New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    Salt Lake City
    I am in need of an image for a tivo Premier Model TCD746320.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Unfortunately, the Premiere software is unable to be extracted and saved as a file at this time.

The only way to get an image is from another working Premiere hard drive.

You can buy hard drives already loaded with the softtware from weaknees,
    or you can buy a used Premiere on the cheap and use that hard drive as a copy source.

3. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    Yup, I picked up a new Premiere on eBay for cheap just to use for spare parts (mostly the drive and power supply).

4. steve614

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Just to add...

If you get a used Premiere for spare parts you don't have to copy the hard drive unless you are upgrading it.
    You just swap the hard drives and do a clear & delete everything once it boots up.

5. JulienPDX

JulienPDX New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Portland,...
    This might be the wrong place to ask this, but I know a month after I bought my Premiere, I used some software program to clone the drive to a bigger one (1 TB) and then did some functionality that allowed me to defrag/make it see the rest of the drive.

I want to say I found the guide here but I dont find it anymore.

6. steve614

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    This one?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=455968

Yes. It is possible to copy the software from hard drive to hard drive.

What is not possible is copying the software and saving it as a file on your computer. I don't think TiVo liked the fact that people were sharing the earlier models software so freely, so they put a stop to it with the Premiere.

7. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    I don't think TiVo cared. Everyone who did that was keeping a TiVo running, often one for which TiVo received a subscription fee each month.

But they changed something about the file system in the Series 4s, presumably for reasons other than to frustrate us, and those changes mean that the software previously used, MFS Live and WinMFS, couldn't work on S4s.