1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improving Performance on My Premiere Elite

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by CynPiz, Jul 27, 2012.

1. CynPiz

CynPiz New Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hello - I recently posted some problems on the Premiere Forum but decided this really could be a more general issue.

I need advice on the best way to improve connectivity for HD streaming with Hulu, YouTube, etc on my new Premiere Elite.

I currently have a Netgear router that has a poor signal reach - I tried to replace it with no improvements - I believe my 2200 sq ft home is just too big and it doesn't help that I have a nice thick brick wall in our TiVO room...

Yes - I tried to get a better router and there was no signal improvement.

I now am thinking of getting an expander or a powerline ethernet expander or do you all just think I should connect TiVO directly to the router and figure out some other way to get my PC wired up at the other end of the house???

MY TV is so important to me but I'd had to lose performance on my PC

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I have no experience with powerline adapters, but seriously look into MoCA. I use MoCA adapters on all my HD TiVos and am extremely happy with it.

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Aren't you assuming that he has a cable outlet somewhere convenient to his router?

4. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    No real need to cross post, though nice that you mention it. Linking to it would be even better.

MOCA seems to be your best case solution. It is a touted and well-regarded feature on the Elite- and is the same answer provided in the other thread.

Do you have a technical issue, or not understand what it is?

5. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Her other thread indicates that her cable modem and router are in close proximity. She was able to move them to increase signal strength marginally.

6. CynPiz

CynPiz New Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Sorry jrtroo...I didn't know I could link to the other post...I'll just stay on the other thread LOL
    CynPiz