1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm FREE! FREE from Private Practice!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by scooterboy, May 21, 2012.

1. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    There are only a half-dozen or so shows that my wife is interested in watching, so I watch those with her (Good Wife, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Blue Bloods, In Plain Sight (now over), and a couple of others I can't think of).

Last night when we finished watching the latest episode of Private Practice, she said "You know what? I don't want to watch this show any more. They just make the same mistakes over and over."

I verified that she really wanted me to delete the SP, and she did. So I did.

And now I'm free!

2. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I can't wait for that day. :)

3. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Multi-year Veteran

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    :up:

The things we do for our spouses. :p

4. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    That's why my wife and I have Our Shows, Her Shows, and My Shows. She watches crap like Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy on her own time, and I watch crap like Animation Domination and Mad Men on my own time. Then we come together and watch those things we both enjoy.

5. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Ah... single life

6. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    This is why we have separate TVs. :D I don't have to watch his stupid American Idol or whatever talent show is on or whatever's on TruTV.

He doesn't have to watch my documentaries. Or Jersey Shore. :)

7. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    I don't live with my GF, so it's not an issue, but I know for a fact that she watches at least one (and probably more) shows that make me upchuck.

8. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Oh, ditto that!! I can barely stand to watch TV with my husband. Plus, he watches stuff that I would not get caught dead watching, but my main complaint is that he never shuts the fack up!

Him - Talk talk talk talk talk - oh, who is that? What is happening? What's going on?

Me - I need a Valium. sigh

Separate TV is a very very good thing! :D We get along swimmingly that way. Otherwise, I probably would have killed him by now.

9. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    My wife watches every show I watch except for the three I watched with my kids. Thundercats, Legend of Korra, and The Clone Wars.

My wife watches these shows that have zero interest for me.

The Practice
    Glee
    Grey's
    The Mentalist
    Fairly Legal
    The Vampire Diaries
    Missing - Cancelled
    The Firm - Cancelled

Sometimes, you just have to have your own shows. :D

10. scooterboy

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    She watches so few shows that I don't mind sitting with her for those. Just a bit more "together" time.

Then she goes to bed and I watch "my" shows. :)

11. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I just watch the game on my iPad whenever she watches show I don't like. Winter I'm stuck!

12. Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004
    Ohio
    Your not truly free until the new season starts and see hasn't changed her mind. The next season is only going to be 13 episodes and will probably wrap things up.

Your wife might decide she wants "closure".

13. CorgiMom28

CorgiMom28 In search of a Title

Jan 6, 2007
    The "Freak...
    LOL! Exactly!

14. Flop

Flop Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Oklahoma
    +1. All the shows on my TiVo are "my shows"

...except for this one..hey that one too... hey who recorded those?!?! I swear I don't watch that junk! Stop looking at my SP list!!

15. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    You're halfway there. We have separate TVs, separate TiVos and separate TV rooms. I have my shows, she has hers, and there are a few we share.

The funny thing is, I know what kind of shows she likes, and sometimes I'll bug her to watch one I just know she would enjoy. But nooooo...

And then for some reason, she'll finally watch an episode, maybe because a friend watches it, or she heard something good about it, and she loves it. And conveniently forgets that I've been bugging her to try it.:rolleyes:

16. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    We got rid of my wife's SP this season as well. Whatever they are doing it seems to be driving women viewers away. :p

17. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    My wife and I watch most of the Network Prime Time stuff together during the evenings after the kids go to bed. The only other TV she watches is in the morning to catch-up if she fell asleep on the couch. I watch a ton of stuff she doesn't watch and a lot of Sports. We just got HD in the bedroom so I've been splitting my time in both TV rooms. It IS nice to have a second setup. ;)

18. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Ha! There may be one or two on my SP list that I'd claim to be someone else's too. It's okay, everyone has their guilty pleasures. :)

Well duh. Don't you know that's how us women are? :p

19. scooterboy

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Welcome to my marriage. Happens to me all the time. I tell her something. She doesn't believe it, or ignores it. But as soon as she hears it from someone else? It's GOLD!

20. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Wow, I thought that was just men. :D I can tell my husband something and he seems to completely disregard it. But let some other guy tell him the same thing and he comes home with this major revelation. ha!