1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Back

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by nugrass, Jul 9, 2014.

1. nugrass

nugrass New Member

May 10, 2005
    After several years away I just purchased a Roamio basic. My last Tivo was a series 2. Wondering if there are any features that don't get mentioned (I've done quite a bit of research) that I might overlook? It will be here tomorrow. Can you tell I'm excited?:)

2. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Congratulations. I think you'll be happy with the Roamio. What hardware were you using until now?

3. nugrass

nugrass New Member

May 10, 2005
    I just went back to Charter and thought I could get by with the DVR they offer. Wow. that lasted one month and I decided there is no way this will work. Seriously, seems like they are in desperate need of an interface upgrade. More than that, the response time is so slow.

4. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Yeah, cable company DVRs are mostly overpriced crapola. I hear Dish's hopper is pretty good, but I've never had one myself. Were you coming back to Charter from OTA or satellite?

5. nugrass

nugrass New Member

May 10, 2005
    First I had Directv (and their DVR was decent compared to what I have with Charter) and then I went for three years as a cord cutter and was relegated to OTA (although I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina and only get three channels) and internet based stuff. I came back for the World Cup and now I'm hooked again. I did get the Roamio basic just in case I decide to go back to OTA.