1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you dislike the online "Last Chance Redemption Kitchen" concept...

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TonyTheTiger, Jul 23, 2013.

1. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    ...you're gonna HATE the new season of Top Chef Masters starting tomorrow night (Weds 7/24/13)!!

The TV contest will be affected by the online performance of the Chefs' sous chefs. If a sous wins, the MC contestant gets an advantage in the TV show and, if they do badly, the MC gets a handicap!

They're actually trying to FORCE you to watch the online content!!

This kind of stuff is only going to get worse. It's the attempt to get people to watch online content or get an "enhanced experience" by getting the app that's going to kill a lot of shows for people like me who watches later with a DVR.

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Oh crap! Thanks for the warning. blech

I was looking forward to TCM, too. Oh well. I'll still watch unless it's just too stupid to handle.

I guess it's like more people enjoy really lame drama. I'm not in that group. I like a straight-forward, fair, contest.

I never watch the online sideshows for these things. Yeah, that too - So many shows now, if you don't watch 'live' (live tv vs recording anyway) have gotten to where you miss out on some stuff. Guess that leaves me out too.

I wish everything didn't have to be about everything else these days. My computers are for computing. My phones are for making/receiving phone calls. My TVs are for watching freaking TV shows/movies. Seems simple enough. Guess not.

Yikes! Do I sound like one of those 'get off my lawn' people? :eek:

3. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Thanks for the head's up but yuck for the online content.

4. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    You meant to say Wed 07/24/2013

5. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Corrected!

6. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    I hate the online stuff. What if someone doesn't have a computer? My mom watches these shows but doesn't own a computer. It's not right.

7. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Active Member

Apr 30, 2003
    Damn it! I have not watched the episode yet, but the online component may make me just dump it.