1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Wanna Marry Harry (Series thread if it lasts that long!)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TonyTheTiger, May 20, 2014.

1. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Otherwise known as "How Dumb Can We Make American Women Look?"

I'm almost tempted to watch this just to see how bad it is.

Do they really think that Harry would go on a dating show? Or even that the British Monarchy would ALLOW it????

I think this is a good example of networks running out of ideas. It's got disaster written all over it.

2. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I don't know, there are an awful lot of gullible idiots out there.

3. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Do you honestly believe that all twelve thought that he was really Prince Harry the entire time?

You forget two things. First, the possibility that at least one of the contestants knows that there is some sort of "gimmick" but realizes that if she lets on even in the slightest, she'll be eliminated from the show; second, that the show is going to be edited to make it look like everybody is convinced that he's "the real deal."

4. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Are you asking if people are gullible enough to believe that other people are gullible enough to believe he was really Prince Harry ? :D

5. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I saw the preview for this and just shook my head. It seems that any show that makes people look stupid is considered entertainment. It just illustrates just how low we've fallen as a culture. What amazed me is that any of the women even know who Prince Harry is. Most likely they saw his picture on a tabloid in the checkout line at the supermarket.

The show should actually be called "I Wanna Marry Somebody That Looks Like Harry."

6. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Huddled by...
    How about "I'll Play Along With Any Cockamamie Ruse You Can Come Up With As Long As I Can Get My Ass On TV."

7. Honora

Honora Member

Oct 16, 2006
    :up:

8. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    This. So much this.

If you're ever asked to appear on TV, just remember that the media is not your friend. Their sole goal is to get as many people as possible to watch, and they'll sacrifice your dignity and reputation to do it.

9. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    :D:D:D:D

How else could you explain why so many people get on Jerry Springer?

10. pdhenry

pdhenry Ladies like it, too.

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Watched the first episode - didn't really think it was much more offensive than any of the other similar summer series - Joe Millionaire comes to mind.

They never say that he is Prince Harry - they just let the women draw their own conclusions. The butlers just refer to him as "Sir."

11. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
  12. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    More importantly, is the viewing public going to sue Fox for showing such dross?????

13. Doggie Bear

Doggie Bear Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Pacific...
    I gave it a try and got bored after 15 minutes (starting at the halfway mark). I was a big fan of "Joe Millionaire" and "The Joe Schmo Show" but this did nothing for me, as I explain here.

14. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    For the most part I agree with you, but I did think the first season of "The Joe Shmoe Show" was amazingly entertaining and funny.

15. pdhenry

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Joe Schmoe was funny but I'm not sure how they could play this one for comedy.

16. Doggie Bear

Doggie Bear Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Pacific...
    "Joe Millionaire" was pretty funny, but that's because it had pretentious women and a hilarious "butler" whose dry sense of humor wickedly skewered the obnoxious women.

17. scsiguy72

scsiguy72 OTA Only..Free TV

Nov 25, 2003
    California Guy
    How many of these girls could even pick a picture of Harry out of a lineup?

18. pdhenry

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    By this point, none of them.

One even referred to "Harry" as the Prince of Wales. Um, no.

19. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    They are dumb if they think the Queen would allow this. But outside of the game, the guy's a dead ringer!

20. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI