1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I so Really Hate TiVo!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by IkindnessCom, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Sep 2, 2013 #1 of 23
    IkindnessCom

IkindnessCom New Member

Sep 2, 2013
    God issues all the time, over priced Services and OUTDATED Equipment!
    I have been a TiVo Customer Since 1st Box Rolled out, it cost A lot a was Giant but worked 100X Better than these boxes! You always blame every issue on Cable but Always you and after paying $40 a month for another 2 years plus buying New Boxes Again you want me to pay 100s Again?
    Are you kidding?
    Before Direct Tv took Over you guys were worth it but now I can get 4 shows record free with Cable Dvr and I can with service I pay a large month fee for and always Glitches!
    Plus Netflix, Hulu, Rhapsody, ect and Cable I'm paying $300 a month a can't get current Equipment?
    It's not I can't afford it,
    It's the principle, in a time when everything's obsolete every couple yrs and cost $2 bucks to make you think TiVo would be more interested in collecting its staggeringly high monthly fees
    Then pushing out life long Customers they stepped on to get here!

I am so. Disappointed in TiVo, as well as feel gauged for equipment replacements!
    Pls post your exp here, And TIVO REMOVE my post and it will be Blasted to BBB, Rip-off Report, and 500 other Complaint and Review site, OK!
    Jason Wv

2. Sep 2, 2013 #2 of 23
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    This is not TiVo. It's a TiVo community forum. It's not an official TiVo forum.

3. Sep 2, 2013 #3 of 23
    Davelnlr_

Davelnlr_ Member

Jan 12, 2011
    North...
    DirecTv wont upgrade your equipment either. Several people I know still have antique HR20 and HR21 DVRs that are so slow, you cant even change the channel.

I have a TivoHD, Tivo Premier 2 tuner, and Tivo Premier 4 tuner. None of them have any glitches, all 3 work perfectly 100% of the time. Granted, they arent the fastest boxes available, but at least you can change the channel.

If you are so concerned with upgrades to the latest and greatest, and the service fees, you should buy lifetime subscriptions. Then you can sell your two yr old boxes when a new one comes out, without losing that much money in the process.

I am perfectly happy with my setup right now, and do not see any benefit to me, to upgrade.

Sorry you are having issues, but have you considered it MIGHT be your cable?

4. Sep 2, 2013 #4 of 23
    tenthplanet

tenthplanet Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Post away I don't trust most of those sites anyway.

5. Sep 2, 2013 #5 of 23
    StevesWeb

StevesWeb Grumpy Old Geek

Dec 26, 2008
    Geek Hill,...
    Is their any irony intended in the user name?

My outdated TiVo is great, sorry yours is not. As far as the bills go, paying every month would have bothered me too, so I always get the lifetime service, then it's just one huge amount and I can recover while I enjoy my toy.

It is only by wanting a better DVR that we suffer DVR agony. Desire causes all suffering. And big collections of toys.

You could jump back in for $700 and never pay again. Electronics these days are very reliable, I expect at least five years out of my new one on order.

6. Sep 2, 2013 #6 of 23
    Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    If your post was actually coherent we might be able to help you, or at least sympathize with you, but your post makes absolutely no sense. They're just a bunch of incoherent rants shoved together that make it sound like you're complaining more about DirecTV and/or cable then TiVo.

7. Sep 2, 2013 #7 of 23
    vurbano

vurbano New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm still trying to figure out what directv took over?

8. Sep 2, 2013 #8 of 23
    SueAnn

SueAnn Minion

Oct 23, 2004
    St Charles,...
    looks like someone forgot to take their meds.

9. Sep 2, 2013 #9 of 23
    murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Translation: I hate paying for service / you didn't do things the way I would have / hurrrr

10. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey

11. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    LOL :D

Edit: This post is so incoherent I'm wondering if it's even real. The user name sounds kind of like a website address. I wonder if someone is just establishing an account so they can post SPAM later

12. SueAnn

SueAnn Minion

Oct 23, 2004
    St Charles,...
    that website is suspended

13. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
  14. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    This is getting way more responses than it warrants -- particularly if you add together the total posts of the responders... :)

15. BadDuck

BadDuck New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Directv took ourrrr jobs!

16. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    Thank you, I thought I'd had a stroke and was just losing my ability to comprehend.

17. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Looks like was ran thru translator, words like giant for high etc. From name and way translation came out would guess Chinese.

18. RusRus

RusRus New Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Chula Vista, CA
    Where did he come from and when is he leaving??????

19. Leon WIlkinson

Leon WIlkinson TiVo Gone Wild

Feb 13, 2000
    TiVo Town
  20. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Are you new to customer support? I loved when I was an engineer at HP I didn't have to deal with customers.