1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like the mini, but doesn't work with Media Share (pytivo)

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by bradleys, Sep 28, 2013.

1. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    I like the mini, but it doesn't work with my Media Share (pytivo) - this is something I am hoping TiVo will eventually fix.

I installed the Mini yesterday and immediately noticed that I cannot access my video library with it.

That didn't necessarily surprise me, neither pyTiVo nor TiVo desktop support MRS and the Mini doesn't have local space for a transfer. But it is still a little disappointing. I am hoping that TiVo will provide some future solution.

Maybe...

- Automatically Initiate an MRV transfer onto the host device, or
    - allow MRS using the TiVo desktop solution, or
    - create a new local streaming app using the Opera HTML5 App Store.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    See Streambaby and Mini thread for some workarounds which allow you to initiate transfers to other TiVos in the house from which you can then stream to the Mini.

3. bunjicat

bunjicat New Member

Jan 14, 2012
    What I do is push (or pull) the video to the Tivo DVR first. Once the transfer starts you can start the stream from the mini. You don't even have to wait for the transfer to complete before starting the video on the mini.

4. bigguy126

bigguy126 Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Another suggestion, Setup Vidmgr (basically a pytivo front end) and it DOES run from the mini. With it you can initiate the push(via pytivo) to the roamio and then watch on the mini.

5. pillpusher84

pillpusher84 New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Thats unfortunate .... we need to figure out how to add a hard drive to these minis to really make them fully functional for streaming videos

6. jntc

jntc Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Can you elaborate on this a bit. I think I understand, but want to better understand before embarking on all the requirements (seems a bit intense) to get PYHME, PyTivo, and VIDMGR installed and running.

Thanks!

7. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    I would much rather have a REAL streaming solution available from media shares.

8. jntc

jntc Member

Dec 5, 2013
    +1 on this - at least add DLNA functionality.