1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a DSR6000R01 if some needs one?

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by oldsurferjoe, Feb 26, 2012.

1. oldsurferjoe

oldsurferjoe New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    California
    If some needs this I have one - its in great shape, I have not used it in some time but its clean and I am sure usable for someone!

2. mattman1978

mattman1978 New Member

Feb 28, 2012
  3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    You can boot a computer with the MFS Live cd v1.4 without letting Windows load and check the TiVo software on the drive to a certain extent with it.

Since Maxtor bought Quantum and Seagate bought Maxtor you need the bootable cd image of SeaTools to burn a bootable cd with which you can run the manufacturer's diagnostics on the drive itself (ignoring the software on it).

Search this thread

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=388695

for a DSR6000R01 image.

If you google "TiVo prom day" you'll find links to another TiVo-centric site (whose initials are DDB) which cannot be named here, and they have an image and slice begging thread you could search as well.

I know a little about hard drives, and about stand-alone TiVos, but if it's a question specific to satellite receiver TiVos, hope that classicsat drops by, 'cause I don't know jack about them.