1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I "accidentally" ordered 2 Roamios - Need advice

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Mgnyc11, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Mgnyc11

Mgnyc11 New Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I initially ordered a Roamio on Tivo.com and then saw the Weaknees offer which came to about $120 less with no Tax and coupon. I tried to cancel my Tivo.com order but it was too late. My Tivo.com order just got here, and now I need to wait 2 more days to get my Weeknees delivery. I am also going away on Thursday for the weekend.

Do you think if I setup and install the Tivo.com order, and then when my WK DVR comes in, I can ship that back to Tivo.com? I know its slightly unethical but I woudl be sending them back an unopened DVR. My concern though is that I see tivo.com already has the ID.

Arrggh! Its stairing at me and waiting 2 days will drive me nuts!

2. NYHeel

NYHeel Active Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Don't do that. The Tivos have different TSNs and the return to Tivo may not work.

3. Smirks

Smirks .:. Hello .:.

Oct 7, 2002
    I'm sure TiVo will check the SN and not take back the one from Weakness. Probably best to just wait it out.

4. Rebate_King

Rebate_King New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    how did you get $120 savings over tivo.com price??

5. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    TiVo ships their TiVos with the TSN assigned to your account and activated with whatever plan you chose at checkout. You will need to return the ones from TiVo to TiVo within 30 days.

Either way you ate into your savings since you will need to pay return shipping I believe.

6. DaveDFW

DaveDFW Member

Jan 25, 2005
    Richardson, TX
    Just another vote for "don't return the wrong TSN to the wrong reseller."

7. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Your best option might be to refuse the package when it shows up at your door. Then it will automatically get returned with no extra cost to you.

8. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Too late for that, he already accepted the one he didn't want.

9. Mgnyc11

Mgnyc11 New Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I have not opened the box, just a heads up you can do a return to sender on any UPS package that has not been opened. I plan to drop it off as the package was left at my door, so I wont be charged shipping. Do this with Amazon all the time.

10. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    Devices ordered from TiVo.com have a 30 day money back option -- simply return.

11. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    You must get a RMA from TiVo (I think) to be sure your account gets the credit.