1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR10-250 Won't get single digit locals

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Gator777, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Gator777

Gator777 New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    I just purchased a replacement DirecTV HR10-250. It has upgraded to the latest software (6.4a) and will get and show info on all local channels. However when I try to watch any of the single digit local channels (I don't have HD service) I can see the channel banner & info but there is a blank screen behind it. I've spent over 3 hours with DirecTV support to no avail. Any ideas? If push comes to shove, could I just swap the old hard drive from my old HR10-250 with the new one? The old system worked fine except for a bad tuner on one side. If so, are there any specifics to making the swap? I appreciate any help.

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    You could swap the drive and then do a Clear and Delete Everything - the latter is required to allow recording. You'd then have to go through satellite setup again. I assume you're getting your locals from the satellite, not an antenna, right? Have you gone into the Satellite Setup and verified that you're getting good strength on all the sats and transponders?